1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how to define myself...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Thomas Rhymer, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Thomas Rhymer

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been increasingly thinking about my Gender Identity recently.

My sexuality is an, 'interesting' story, but when I first started questioning (this would of been somewhere in the range of 6-8 years ago) I completely discounted being Trans (because, at the time I thought being Trans meant being/feeling Female, but in a Male body, and vice versa, and I knew that wasn't me). But now...

I know I have a Gender.
    I know I only one Gender.
    I know I am not Female.
    I know that for simplicity's sake, I would tick or put Male on forms and registrations.
    But I know that I don't actually feel Male.

It's almost like I am more Male than anything else, but not enough to actually identify as Male. This isn't a case of not feeling 'Man' or 'Masculine' enough, I've never really wanted to be more Masculine. Or not feeling Feminine enough. I've done some serching online, but havn't found anything that seems to match up. I'm really unsure, and don't know if I am over just really over thinking this, or if I am actually in a predicament, and I just don't know how to define myself.

I don't have many people to discuss this sort of thing with, and the relashionship with the few I do have is stained at the moment. So any help or advise or just discussion would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tracy23

Well, we live in a binary world. With dysphoria I most definitely feel very feminine at times, and less so at others...somewhere in the middle. But for me it's easiest to identify as a trans woman.

There's nothing wrong with just labeling yourself a demiguy or non-binary, but if you don't feel like you need a label there is no need to search for one.

3. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound like me, except leaning female here. I just settle for non-binary or, preferably genderqueer.

I am not male or female, nor without gender. I am the third gender, a single gender that is not male or female but is a gender.

Of course that makes orientation a bit sketchy unless you are pan, and it doesn't matter. Gay implies you only like your own gender, and well if you like males, that isn't right, bi implies males and females but not genderqueer people, so nope. Yeah for you gay probably fits best for practicality but, not exactly.

4. EstoraIsSoQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try Different "labels" for your gender and see if one feels right. If not you can classify yourself as something out of the binary like gender queer or non-binary

5. Thomas Rhymer

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank-You Tracy23, DAFriend and EstoraIsSoQueer for your thoughts, it was good to hear other people's thoughts. As you may notice, all might have already noticed, I have settled on Demifluid, for now. But it's good to know that I am not alone in my unknown-ness, and not some strange phenomenon!