1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dating question once more

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... I think I just will take the approach of going with the flow when it comes to dating, not target anyone, and not exclude anyone either, because I'm being definitely overworried.

But I'm nevertheless curious. I'm, simply put, a man's mind in a female body. And that's quite confusing. I think of myself as of a genderqueer person, I'm a tomboy or something like that , I guess. And what I think is that I couldn't date someone who had something against being with a man, because I reassemble one a lot, even though I'm a woman. If someone didn't like female bodies, too bad as well.

Anyway, would you date someone like me? Why? I'm most intersted in hearing the reasons and what is important for you in your orientation. Just to have some insight into what other people might possibly think.

2. SystemGlitch

It would obviously depend on your personality as a whole and chemistry between us, but I wouldn't be at all put off or opposed to dating someone with a very male or masculine presence and a female body.

As for reasons, the gender of my partner simply means very little to me. I'm far more interested in whether we get along and whether we care for each other and whether we can fulfill each other's needs. I tend to get along best with slightly masculine or mostly neutral people, and really do not get along with hyper feminine people - all irregardless of the person's gender identity or assigned gender. So, with all that in mind, if we ended up meeting and I took a fancy to your personality, the fact that you are genderqueer wouldn't phase me at all. It may take me some time to get used to how you want to be treated and referred to (I am very nervous around NB people in general since I don't want to accidentally upset or offend in a gendered situation) but it wouldn't stop me trying.

As with most members of the transgender community, you'd probably have the best luck with bisexual or pansexual people, but that doesn't mean that an open-minded gay or straight person wouldn't want to date you. There are most definitely those out there who don't care about the physical appearance of their partner and only care for what's inside.

Out of pure curiosity, how would you feel if a purely androsexual person was interested in you? What about a purely gynesexual person? This is of course provided that they accept how you identify. I feel that if I were non-binary, I'd feel very... trapped, I suppose, if my partner was only attracted to either men or women. I believe I'd feel like they only wanted that part of me, or wanted something that I'm not or that I couldn't quite give them since I'd be neither completely a man or a woman. I don't know if that is actually how I'd feel if I were a NB gender identity, and I don't know if there are NB people who feel like that, but I did have a long think about it a while back during a brief questioning phase and it was the conclusion I ended up reaching about myself. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on it if you're comfortable answering.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if a gay man or a straight woman was interested in me, it would make me feel very body-conscious. I dated a gay man once, but that was an entirely different situation, I'm not sure if he's aware of him being gay, and what was on his mind. But it hurt a lot that a penis, beard and muscles was what made him swoon, and I didn't even have the chance to offer that. I took it really seriously and bursted with jealousy and anger. I don't want to repeat this experience. Of course, it all depends what someone's orientation means to someone. If the attraction was about the mind, which I imagine for some people is, I would be okey with it.

So same goes with gynesexuals. I dated a guy who laughed at my gender non-conformity. And that really hurt too. It all depends what the attraction means to the person. If someone likes boobs and vaginas, not feminine personalities, that is okey with me. I don't tolerate though people who try to feminise me more than I want and are into feminine behaviour. I think I have with them the exact same problem as with the said gay guy, but in reverse. I see them attracted to a more feminine girl, and I burst with jealousy. I can't offer that in a million years. I can't help that I was born like this. But I still have much more confidence in my value as a woman. My experience tells me that I nevertheless make an attractive woman. I get a lot of straight male attention. I suspect - because my body is good. Very good. Probably also a very visual nature of attraction is something I relate to and understand pretty well, am familiar with.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey emerry,

I think your approach of just going with the flow makes a lot of sense.

You and I are clearly not compatible because of our age gap, but my approach echoes that of SystemGlitch. If we were approximately in the same age range, I would just want to start out to be your friend and see if our personalities connected and if there was any chemistry there that might lead to mutual romantic feelings. Since you say that you have a man’s brain, I assume that is how your personality comes out and that your interests are more towards things men like to do. That would make it very easy to hang out and get to know one another, in my opinion. The gender question wouldn’t be an issue for me if we hit it off personality-wise and then developed a romantic connection.

I’m certain that there are people out there that are right for you. Just keep trying to connect with people and don’t hide yourself away or shy off of looking.

Just some thoughts.

Take Care.:slight_smile:

#4 Quantumreality, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  5. Irisviel

A lot of people are into masculine women, if that's what your question boils down to. I'm one of those people who prefer a masculine leaning parter, regardless of what body they're wrapped in.

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if it boils down to it. It depends what you mean. I can assure you that I feel like a man, but I know that realistically speaking I am a tomboy (?) and I'm comfortable this way. I've been through a lot of experiences trans people have. It's just a question stated in wrong terms / frame of reference, I think.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyways, thank you for your replies. :slight_smile: I think I just... shouldn't bother about this this much, because it's a person-to-person matter, because:
    probably most people would have this approach if I think about it.

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2016 at 01:32 AM ----------

Anyways, thank you for your replies. :slight_smile: I think I just... shouldn't bother about this this much, because it's a person-to-person matter, because:
    probably most people would have this approach if I think about it.