1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgenders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Darleen, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Darleen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Any other Transgenders here? Would love to hear from you... Your story , & outcome. :slight_smile:

#1 Darleen, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are lots of trans people here!

My story isn't super conventional. I had no idea I was trans until I was about 17. I started coming out right around when I went to college, and came out to my parents about a year and a half ago. I'm still coming out to people, although I've told almost everyone I need to tell. I haven't been able to physically transition yet, but I probably will someday. But just socially transitioning has already made me so much happier and more comfortable! :slight_smile:

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi sis!

I'm a bit new to this. I only figured out that I was trans a couple months ago. I'm 29. I never really, truly identified with the male gender, and I was always uncomfortable with male gender roles. I always just ignored this and brushed it off, cause "I didn't want to be a girl" so I was just a rebel or something.

My genitals never actually felt right down there either. I never hated them outright(until recently), but I never was thrilled with them either. There was always a disconnect there, I just didn't really admit it.(I pushed a lot of things down, you'll notice)

Puberty was an odd time. I started growing body hair and I didn't like that. Girls don't grow body hair, why am I? I also started developing breasts due to gynecomastia. I was excited I was growing boobs! Too bad they only got to be little mounds and nothing more. I hated that I grew facial hair, and always shaved it. Again, girls don't have that(I honestly don't know why I didn't get it at this point, like seriously). I had a beard up until a few months ago, which I had for about 3 years, because I thought it was "manly and I was supposed to grow one," and I kinda liked it.....not really. I liked the convenience of not having to shave everyday, not the beard itself. But I convinced myself I did.

I've ALWAYS identified with girls more than "other" guys. I've really only(secretly) ever wanted to be "one of the girls." Yet another thing I would never admit.

I often would imagine myself as a girl. Sometimes I'd even pretend I was one. Particularly when masturbating, I'd pretend "it" was a vagina. (I did it plenty in non-sexual situations too.)

I always wished I could wear girl's clothes. Never really did, but I wanted to.

I went back to school in August, and that's when I realized all this. The stress of school made it impossible to keep it repressed or something. It just kinda hit me one day....

So here I am now. The 29, pre-everything, still at home and going to college, closeted trans girl.

I'm looking at moving away to college for next fall though, so I can hopefully start transitioning then. Now I'm just looking for a therapist, and my first outfit...

#3 BrookeVL, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trans-gent here.

My story is rather long and complicated, but I am here should you need the company.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trans dude here.

Long story short
    *Did not mind to much being raised a girl. Played with Barbie and dolls. Favorite book is Pride and Prejudice and I often feel like Lizzie is me, though I also identify with Mr Darcy.

*started experiencing dysphoria around 12. Had no idea what it was.

*knew what transgender was by 14. But I did not understand what it meant to feel like a boy. Was also attracted to men. This was almost 11 years ago, so people were still pushing the "knew whole life, Trans men had to like women, had to be stereotypical masculine" narrative so when I asked for advice on internet Incas called a fake.

*Repressed a lot of my feelings from 17-22 and was "happy", but mostly numb and since things seemed better figured I had gone through a phase.

*at 22 I started questioning some things and admitted to myself that I might be Trans.

*presently, know I am Trans and working towards transitioning.

(Also transgender people or transgender individuals is more accurate to say than transgenders)

6. Gabri3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trans male, m'self. :slight_smile:

Basically...felt a transgender feeling back when I was roughly six but told myself to suppress it and never ever think about it ever again. Cue me in late teens rediscovering certain feelings and emotions through puberty that I once felt those years ago, and this time embracing the feelings and doing research. Boom. Discovered I was trans and have been mostly out (except in public, I only say so if a stranger asks me directly) since then.

I've been dressing in guy clothes more--wasn't too much of a shift, aside from underwear, as I was always a "tomboy"--and recently started working out my arms. :slight_smile: I'm hoping in a year I'll go from lifting 3lbs dumbbells to 5lbs dumbbells at the very least; and I'll probably start exercising my torso (with curl ups or something, as I suck at push-ups as an nonathletic dude) whenever I hit 10lbs. I'm hoping I'll be able to take some boxing classes in the future as well.

I hope to start HRT someday, and would really love to as I have very strong feelings of dysphoria about my body that I've just learned to moderate over time. At the very least, I'd love to be on T and at least get the top surgery done. For now, I've got college to worry about so plan to start finding a gender therapist around my senior or junior year--depending on the future and then conducting therapy and the like after I graduate.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need advice, support, or just talk in general~

7. Darleen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Awesome to hear from all my brothers & sisters in here! Thank you all for responding. Myself? I've self identified as female since age 6. I've lived as a woman off & on my whole life.
    The problem... I was always trying to meet societies ideal of 'normal". It caused many problems for me in life. Not being true to myself & always trying to pretend to be someone I wasnt.
    I came out a couple months back & finally found peace. I've started therapy & hope to start HRT soon. Just taking it one day at a time. Thoroughly enjoying letting the woman in me to surface & be free. :slight_smile:

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trans fella here. I'm feeling really tired right now, so I'll post my story later on tomorrow if I'm okay.

9. Darleen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Excellent, feel better!! :newcolor:

10. Alex Zheng

Hey there!

I'm 26 and my outcome was bit by bit since a year ago. Currently I'm a pre-T trans guy and almost all my people know about the real me but my mother :/ (we don't have a good relationship). My dysphoria was my elephant in the room since I was a child. I didn't know what it was, I only know I was different and it made me feel weird so I prefered ignoring it. When I was 16 my elephant grew up a bit and finally at the age of 23 I was aware of what I am, but for two years I tried to deny and hide it from others because I was scared as hell of being rejected or not taking seriously by my important people. Finally I gathered the courage to come out even though I know I already have a long road ahead and I'm a little happier!

11. Darleen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Excellent Alex! Working thru that myself... I hate being scared. Guess it's just part of the process. Thanks for sharing & good luck!!:dry:

12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally. I'm honestly terrified of transitioning. However, I still want to, no matter how scary the process is. That's one of the things that I see as encouraging and why I know my feelings are real. If they weren't, I would have surely run for the hills by now.

13. Darleen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    +1 :thumbsup: