1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate about my height

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alex Zheng, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Alex Zheng

First of all I wanna apologize in advance because of my english (and my languages skills in general). I'm spanish and, you know, we suck in those stuff. I came here looking for some relief. I'm a pre-T trans guy feeling so desperate about my height (1,52m, 4'9"...yeah, 4'9") and I really don't know how to deal with it. My friends try to support me and say this is not a big deal but I don't feel the same way because I feel like people don't take me seriously as a guy. I just read some threads here about this topic but didn't find any other guy of my same height. Anyway, and sorry if it's a repetitive topic, I wanna relaunch the question. How do you guys handle being short? Does your height give you any problem?

See you!

2. darcyfox

You can get height insoles, I recommend them up to 3 inches otherwise they can be uncomfortable. You could also use platform shoes, or try them together
    My height is 5'4, so I wouldn't relate as much. I tend to joke around and say that I'm a hobbit (my hair is very curly) and I'm from the 18th century (the average height was also 5'4), as I wear clothing based off that time period.
    Your English is fine, by the way

3. Irisviel

simply embrace that as any short guy out there has to. Or tall woman. There are a lot of cis men of that height, what I recommend is to recognise your struggle is universal to any man, cis or trans. Possibly more a cis struggle than trans in the bigger picture.

So, well, while I'm offering no comfort in direct sense, it's really good to remember that this is not a trans issue, you're on the same boat as any guy. For me that's helpful to remember that there is nothing "trans" about my being 5.9 and a girl. A small mindset change like that means a lot to my comfort. Perhaps it could help you too?

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many cis-men are shorter in height, particularly of other ethnicities such as Latino or Asian. This is nothing to be ashamed of and does not make you less of a man.

Height is something I have struggled with as well, wishing I could have made it to that envied 6 foot mark. However, one must accept certain things cannot be changed. There is no way, aside from temporary lifts, to make your body become taller than it wants to be.

Accept yourself along with the imperfections that make you unique, and you will have come much farther than many. Being of a shorter stature will only limit you where you allow it to.