1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time seeing Gender Therapist, advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yasha of XMETAS, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So after 2 months waiting for word back from my doctor to send a letter to the gender therapist in a seperate city, I finally got the call today. The appointment's on the 18th this month at like 10:45am. Its early, and I live in another city from where this is so I'll need an early ride to an from there. But I'll work on that on my own. This means so much to me, I've been waiting to get to the doctor so that I have someone to talk to about my wanting to be a man and wanting to transition. I am excited but also nervous. I don't know quite to expect when I go there, let alone how many visit's I'll need to make before being allowed to HRT.
    Does anyone who had to go through this have any advice? What warning signs should I be seeing, what do I have to prepare for? Please any adivce would be very helpful. Please and thankyou :icon_sad:

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'll give you the advise that I gave myself, be frank with them and with yourself. they cant read your mind, sometimes it might seem like it though, and be open to possibilities, all of them because you don't know where this could lead, but it will often be authentic. I started with therapy regarding the abusive relationship I was in with my ex, then it became about sexuality, now gender....... you just never know.