1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I haven't had a haircut in about 5-6 months. As my hair tends to grow rather fast this is starting to become quite an annoyance, but I never have the time to go get it cut, nor do I know in what style I wish to have it cut.

(oaky I have a few ideas but I feel awkward taking a pic of a dude up to my hair dresser and saying "I want this". and no, not willing to go somewhere new. this person is someone who seems to know what they are doing with my hair, and will give me what I want even if I am shy about asking for it)

If you look to the left you will see how I had my hair cut a few months ago. I was going for something like..

[​IMG]

..but my hair was to short up top for that, and these days I never have the time to style my hair back (nor the understanding how to)

Does anyone have any suggestions of for a new hairstyle. Currently I part my hair to left, so the pink side is hanging to the left like a curtain. It makes me look like an annoying white woman (the kind that pops up in a meme or two...guess all the reason I hate that xD)
    I want to keep my front bangs and get rid of the side curtain, and keep the sides and back short. Not shaved or buzzed, but much shorter than they are now.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just booping

3. killswitch0029

Might just be my laptop, but nothing shows when I hit the show button :/

4. auggie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same thing happens on mine

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems to of broke
    Google modern pompadour please and I'll add a picture when I get on a computer

6. auggie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The way I have mine, which I think is what you are describing (or at least similar), is I have the back and sides shaved with a #2 guard. Then for the top, my hair is just trimmed. The lengths for the top of my hair varies. I usually have it cut shorter so I can go a bit longer between cuts. But, with my hair, if I don't want to style it I don't have to. It looks fine without product in it and it looks good with product in it.

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I say buzz it off and start over. You actually have a pretty masculine face so I bet you could pull it off. I did that recently (my face not so masculine though) and it was cool. Used my own clippers, then just started trimming the sides every two weeks and letting the top grow out. Then you can stop when you like it and watch it evolve.

8. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh, I understand what you mean :slight_smile: I think it's a nice idea and such style can greatly fit you :slight_smile: But speaking about other ideas, click and find here for many other cool types of haircuts, there are many great ideas of them :icon_wink
    Personally I think that these types can be a good choice too :icon_wink

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    definitely don't have pink hair if you want to to have better chances at passing. I'd say go for something pretty plain, like short back and sides and bit long on the top and front so you can put some hair putty in it. A fringe that goes longer than the eyes starts to look too feminine.

#9 jaska, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  10. ligunn

I'm rocking a hairstyle similar to the ones in TidMaskin's post above ^ but a bit more up, and I've found the best way for me to keep it up is a small amount of firm-hold hairspray paired with a tiny bit of hair clay to minimize shine :eusa_danc

11. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I'd say let it grow and go for the skaterboy style. Given that we look like teenagers anyway having the hairstyle of a teen could increase passing chances a lot.