1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Feminine frame.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BrookeVL, Nov 11, 2016.

1. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm currently unhappy with my build. I'm looking to lose muscle mass and gain a much leaner yet more feminine frame.

Any tips how to do this? How do I workout(pre hormones) without building too much muscle? Diet is important I'd imagine, any tips?

I know how to work out as a guy, but now I need to learn to workout as a girl.

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Seriously, my best idea is netflix n chill. If you don't move, the first thing your body will take away is muscle. Gain body fat. I read somewhere that more bodyfat causes either testosterone to go down or estrogene to go up, which is both what you're aiming for.

Another way would be to train your booty like crazy.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though it is true, that I would lose muscle that way, I would also gain a lot of excess fat I don't want. I should have emphasized better, I am also tryin to lose weight overall, not just muscle.

I should probably work my booty a lot, and I am definitely going to start placing an emphasis on cardio(which also blasts muscle ), rather than weight training. My main issue is, how much weight training should I do?

I'm thinking maybe I should go for yoga and pilates, as opposed to traditional weights.

My brother helped me last year when I started working out, but he's a body builder type, and has way different fitness goals than I.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Soo... netflix n diet?

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2016 at 07:19 PM ----------

I wouldn't do too much weight training. It's easy to overdo. Probably try zumba? All the girls who do this have a stunningly beautiful shape

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Diet is definitely something I'm working on. And Netflixing more. :lol:

That's what I'm thinking, something like Zumba once a week, yoga once a week, and cardio four. 2x steady state, and 2x HIIT. Or maybe just 2x HIIT and 1x SS?

Something like that seems the way to go. Along with a lower calorie diet. Should I worry about protein intake or just calories?

And personal trainers here?:confused:

6. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I find that it is pretty much impossible to not have a mascular frame before HRT. HRT is how trans woman lose that frame. Idealy, just eating healthily lots of vegetables and low fat and doing aerobics such as jogging is the best answer just because it will make you feel better to live as you will once you fully transition. Be the person you want to become, letting yourself go will just make you feel worse. (*hug*)

#6 Eveline, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww thanks Eveline, I love hugs!(*hug*)

I was kinda thinking that. HRT will make my body change, so if I'm already working out, then I'll probably be amazed by what that and hormones will do. I imagine that'll just blast it all away, and I'll look fuckin amazing!

I don't want to be a chubby fat girl, though if that's how I end up, that's how I end up, it won't make me regret transitioning and I'll still be way happier. But why not aspire to be hot?:icon_bigg

8. AmyBee

Well, your frame is your frame. Cisgender women go through this all the time, too. Diets and body shaming and all that. But at the same time, you need to look more your gender so HRT is your best shot at that. One thing to think about, though, is looking into finding other women who are closer to your original body shape and kind of "studying" them for inspiration. Body image is hard enough without piling on a lot of unrealistic expectations and giving into societal and received notions of femininity.

I think that's how you'll find your hotness, by owning what you have to start with and keeping up with that in a positive way as the hormones and exercise change you.

But with all that said, the ultimate arbiter of how your live in your skin is you. Go for what makes you feel the most you. Just make sure when you're dieting and everything you do it in a healthy way, preferably with some actual medical advice. Especially in conjunction with hormones.

You're on an amazing journey and you're going to be even more amazing a person when you get where you're going.

#8 AmyBee, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Noted, thank you for the advice!

10. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Not a personal trainer or anything, but if you read the body builder sites (since they are really good at building lean muscle and losing excess weight), you want to eat a snack before your workout with little to no fat, some protein and slower carbs, and afterwards fast carbs but also a little protein. Also fat is not the enemy, just don't binge on junk food which is high fat and carb with no protein. Balance your carbs with some protein and eat smaller portion sizes throughout the day I think. Can possibly work for most people, hasn't for me for other reasons.

12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, this is all stuff I already know. Following it is the hard part. :icon_wink

13. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I just had another idea: Lose weight in general. A lot of cardio. I've seen pics of very slim guys that look very androgynous. Then you can stuff your bra and might pass.

14. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is my goal over the next semester!

15. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    its not always about the workout. but also the clothing and the forms. i dont have alot of muscle mass, and dont want too, but i do need to work on the tummy part and butt more. but its all coming together now

Attached Files:

16. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thats better

Attached Files:

17. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Most cis girls I know that train and want to avoid a muscly frame usually do endurance training instead of strength training.
    Not sure if that works for you though.

There's also the whole training certain"zones" to look curvier thing but again not sure if that works...

18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd hesitate to train zones unevenly....but endurance might be a good idea.

19. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Another idea: Take hip protectors for bikers and see of you can apply them somehow in your trousers/skirts/dresses. Maybe sew a pocket in there.

20. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know that that would work....I really wan't to get as close as I can, naturally though. I mean, I don't think things like that are the answer, as they would seem to get in the way....