1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first gender clinic appointment...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    My first appointment is on Friday. And I am so excited. This is a huge milestone in my transition and I can't wait to start ticking these off the list as I get closer to receive hormones. I am legally Kal in name and I can't believe that next year I'll be Kal in body. I have a good idea on what I'm going to ask, mostly around the format of the appointments to come, the support the clinic offers in general and how I can arrange shared care between the clinic and my GP - because who wants to be paying a private clinic for repeat prescriptions, right?

But what else should I be asking? I'm pretty clued up on the physical side of things; the voice, fat redistribution, potential for hair growth and loss, the actual growth and so on. But is there anything else?

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great news Kal. I know you are going to ask about support but may be you could ask about how people cope mentally with process? I know this is something that you want and that it is massively positive for you but it is still a lot to go through. Might be worth just asking what sort of emotional stress it can cause so you can recognise if it comes up. Just a suggestion. All the best for the appointment. :slight_smile:

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Good idea, it's going on the list.