1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Steps to transition ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CuteChloee, Nov 13, 2016.

1. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    About a month ago I came to this website questioning myself and now I'm thinking on transitioning :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it amazing how much things changed :slight_smile:

Here's a little bit about me: Chloee(Future Name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) I'm 19 and An MtoF

Now... What are the first step to transitioning ? I assume coming out is the first step ? or what next the ?

Thanks in advance :grin: So glad how from my first post was so negative and now it so positive . (!)

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I reckon coming out would be a good first step. It's best to be straightforward in order to get the support from other people, and potentially avoid any rumours or whatever else. Also it's much easier to acquire the things necessary for a transition if you're out, instead of sneaking around behind other people's backs.

3. auggie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first step was coming out to some of my close friends and that began the process of socially transitioning. Meaning that I started going by my preferred name and pronouns. My next step was to start replacing my wardrobe. I already had some pretty masculine clothes, but I got more. I started wearing more button-ups, boxers, etc. Now, my next step will be starting T. Or at least that is what I plan on my next step being right now.

4. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That sound like a good plan :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well coming out is the first major step I guess. but i'm a bit worried about the reactions I might get and all

5. auggie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's why I started small. Only my close friends. I'm not even completely out yet. I just told the people I trusted. Of course, my case is a bit different than most I suppose.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I'm not familiar with trans rights in Malta, I would say build a support group if you haven't. It could be your friends, family, or even a trans support group if there's one in your area.

After that, maybe seeking out a gender therapist to help you find a course of action with where to take things from there (like short term and long term goals for your transition and such). From there, they can help steer you in the right direction with getting access to the materials you need.

Good luck with everything! ^_^

7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

As for developing for yourself:
    For me it was getting real shampoo, deodorant, perfume and shower gel.

8. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I ordered them already :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: xD Except perfume :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. anthracite

anthracite Guest

So next would be for you some clothes or underwear. I don't know if it works for MtFs but stuffed bras should work at least.

10. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Already doing that. for a month wearing female undies and sport bra.. I putted the pads in recently though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. AngieT

AngieT Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'd recommend starting with a session with an experienced gender therapist. They're often a good source of local information and resources, and they can help you decide what steps (and when) you should take based on your current situation.

Coming out to friends may feel good, but I'd caution that you should cover all your bases before outting yourself to others. Some of the people that I was sure would support me were the ones who chose to turn their backs to me, and some that I wrote off as people who would never accept me were amongst the most supportive.