1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning at school

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Nov 13, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I'm planning on coming out at school soon and I'm looking for some things I can expect and some tips on expressing myself at school. I already bind and dress like a guy I also have masculine manurisms so I'm not worried about that. I am also planning on staying an alto in chorus and a soprano in theater even though I'll be offered the chance at singing with the tenor boys. I just want some other tips on what to do and what to expect thank you for the help!!

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Expect questions and possibly mocking uses of your name. I was actually surprised by how great everyone was. I mean one person asked the whole "are your genitals half girl and half boy" although a lot more rude but overall everyone has been great.

3. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just own it. You need to show confidence in yourself and other people will not question you, that's simple psychology. I don't know if you're planning on using the guy's restroom, but if you do you need to show that that's where you should be, not act like you're in the wrong place. And expect questions, a lot of doubt, maybe some teasing depending on where you live. It's awesome that you're planning to come out though ^-^

4. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At 15 and you're ready to start doing that, wow. Congrats, that takes a lot of courage! I know I wasn't ready back then, and I'm still kinda not. Mostly what the others have said covers it really well. If you're confident in yourself and your choices, you almost demand a certain respect from people. Don't let any comments from anyone get under your skin. Also if your school has an LGBT club of some sort, maybe get in contact with them? If you're having trouble anywhere you should talk to some teachers or maybe even a counselor, they might have your back. Either way, I hope it goes well for you :slight_smile: