1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup Tips?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by warrior452, Nov 14, 2016.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am wanting/trying to wear makeup, but that's hard with not being out. I tried penciling in my brows for a few days and a little bit of lip gloss. My mom and the rest of my family realized about my brows and we had a fight about it, so I had to stop that. So far, all I've been successfully able to get away with is some concealer.

Any tips for stuff that I could do/wear that might be subtle/hard to see...?

Also, any tips for doing your nails? I don't want to get a full manicure, and I can't paint them, or my family will notice, and it'll be WW3.

2. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe some clear nail polish?
    Mm, try some neutral makeup if you can, and did they notice the lip gloss? If they didn't, then carry on with that.

Sorry your family is being so.... icky, I guess. That sucks :frowning2:
    In the meantime, watch makeup tutorials, so that when you are away from them you know exactly what to do ^-^

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Clear nail polish, neutral lip tint/gloss, Bebe cream, maybe some neutral blush, for brows/lashes maybe some clear mascara/sculptor. YouTube and google are your best friend as far as applying it correctly. Best of luck! Feel free to message me. :slight_smile:

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Funnily enough, I know a thing or two about making makeup barely visible. As a closeted FTM I don't want other people to notice I'm wearing it, though I do want to shut up my makeup-loving mum.

The concealer and lip gloss are a good start. I also recommend trying foundation, or even just primer (I only use the latter; it's basically a base for foundation and makes the skin smoother). Primer is colourless so your parents wouldn't be able to tell if you have it. Mascara might work for you, though if your eyelashes are naturally long then it would be very obvious that you're wearing mascara.

For your nails, clear nail polish would be good. Try going them out a little to make them more feminine (a few millimetres would do) though make sure to smooth the edges with a nail file. Extra (possibly useless) tip: small amounts of jewellery might help too. Ear studs for me make the difference between looking androgynous and looking female. Try fake studs if your ears aren't pierced already.

Let us never speak of this again.

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2016 at 07:07 PM ----------

3rd paragraph typo: growing not "going"

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second what everyone else said. Clear nail polish is always great. If yoiu have a nail biting problem, you can always bring that up if anyone gets onto you about it.