1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender confusion Transman or something else?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by icantpickaname, Nov 16, 2016.

1. icantpickaname

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone

I have been discovering my gender for the last 7-9 months and have decided that im not happy being female and that im a Transmale or something of the sort but im not entirely sure if there is a word for how i feel.

I currently want to be male biologically but in terms of socially im not fussed I would be comfortable being seen as male and/or Androgynous/Agender. I like it when people see me as male but i also like it when people cant tell i enjoy the confusion (the sadistic part of me enjoys screwing with other a bit:grin:). So I want to be a guy but at the same time my internal sense of gender isnt very strong like i dont want to be a girl but i don't 'feel' like im a definatly a 100% a boy or a girl i dont really understand how you can feel like a gender, if gender isnt about your gentils or steryotpes i dont know what i would base it on to be able to tell if im male or female. I feel like gender doesnt have to be fixed and i like the idea of gender being a spectrum but i dont feel genderfluid as my gender doesnt change its always the same but im just not fused about whether im seen as male of if the person cant tell. I feel as if im more male than anyhting else but i dont want to put myself into a box or into the binary and my gender expression tends to be masculine to Androgynous. Can you be a transman but not feel 100% binary all the time does the term Demiboy fit? Can you be a Agender Transman or a Transman and a Demiboy?I'm not sure if this even makes any sense

Cheers :smilewave:lol::icon_bigg

2. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can absolutely be both a trans-man and nonbinary. Also, would it be you're trying to describe the fact that you'd rather be male-presenting? (meaning that, when people don't know your actual gender you'd at the very least want them to assume you were male?) Some people use the term "transmasculine" to define that they feel trans, and relate to males/masculinity, but don't feel entirely like a man. Also, genderflux is a term that means your gender fluctuates between agender / having no gender, and some other gender (personally, I use the term "demiflux" to mean fluctuating between agender and demiboy/girl).

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah sure. I'm the other way round. I feel like I am a guy but I prefer to live in the middle grounds.

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2016 at 05:46 AM ----------

So yeah. It's possible to prefer different expression and identity, although most people prefer them to match.