1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a binding experience

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BenFreeman, Nov 17, 2016.

1. BenFreeman

I have just started binding. And i am just wondering if any body else has felt as ambivalent about it as I am.

I need my chest to be flat and the binder does mostly achieve that (although not completely as I am rather large). i am really liking the fact that I appear flatter. REALLY liking it. But at the same time it irritates me that I have to feel all of that (which I would rather pretend was not there!) squooshed against my body. I guess I have been getting by psychologically by pretending that there's nothing there, but the binder is inadvertantly making me more aware of what is there.

Ambivalent feelings...It doesn't feel entirely the way it looks...:icon_sad:
    Ok so I am guessing that surgery is the only solution to that...but I am a long way off from getting there...

2. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!
    I have been in your situation before.
    I'm genderfluid, so sometimes I don't do it, but when I do, I get alot of the same feelings you have.

I would indeed say that surgery is the solution to it... yes, it will be expensive, so maybe you can put a little money away everytime you get paid.
    I can't say that I'm very good with giving advice, but in the end, go with what your heart says and be true to yourself. :slight_smile:

3. CamN15

I think sometimes I feel something similar. When I bind I feel simultaneously awesome, because of how flat my chest looks, but I'm always hyper aware of the binder being there, and I become really anxious about removing it because I don't want to have to 'take a step backwards' as such and have to look in the mirror and hate my body again...

I feel like surgery is the best option for getting rid of these mixed feelings, but as you say, it is a long way away. I think if you treat the binding more as a temporary 'means to an end' it makes it easier.