1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both a girl and boy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eldrher, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im a female, like what's between my legs is female but I don't think I identify wholely with that. Im only 13 so I have a long time to figure this out. I feel like a boy but not strongly enough to be trans. I also feel like a girl but not strongly enough to be cis. I hate the top half of my body. I have 28AAs so they're still very small but they're noticeable and i hate them. I wear sports bras mostly so there's no padding but I wish I was flat chested. I hate my curves. I carry around so much hate for my body everyday and it's tiring. I mostly cross dress but I wear girls jeans because of my curves although id prefer not to. Puberty messed my body up. I suddenly have curves and boobs and i have to wear a bra. I wish I was blessed with an androgynous frame but I'm not. Aside from this I don't mind what's between my legs. I could settle for either. Although I hate my boobs and wearing dresses I like wearing makeup sometimes and wearing vests and jewellery. I want to feel like me and I'm so confused. We are always asked boy or girl but I feel like both. I struggle with no confidence or self love and i just want to feel like me. Can anyone help me?

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Feeling like both a girl and a boy would make you bigender. You may want to look into different gender identities, especially bigender, but keep an open mind in case you find that another term suits you better. Also remember that wanting to wear dresses and makeup are related to gender expression, and do not necessarily indicate your gender identity.

It's totally ok to feel like both male and female, if that is how you feel then it is just as valid as feeling only one gender. If you need any advice feel free to post on my wall, I'm always open to help.

3. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the help

4. LovelyLex

I understand you're feelings, CobraKiy. I identify as gendetfluid. My gender changes from girl to guy all the time. Sometimes I feel like a combination of the two or even neither. For the record, l was assigned male at birth.

I hate my body. I wish I had curves. Yet, I have no negative feelings about what's between my legs. I'm not exactly sure why I'm telling you all this. I guess I just wanted to let you know that there are other people out there who don't fit neatly into a "male" or "female" category.

5. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you bibbles

6. StarryNightsky

I understand, I feel like that too. Feelings can be a struggle sometimes, you can message me if you want. I might need someone to talk to too.

7. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. You can always talk to me if you feel like it :slight_smile:

8. Cinis

Cinis Guest

You're still young so take your time with discovering yourself.
    For some people these feelings are just a phase that ends after puberty for some they never disappear. I think that at this point you could end up being cis a trans guy or like the many people above me a non binary person. Either way don't let thoughts about your gender rule your entire life the answers will come naturally with time.

It could also help you to nlt think in terms of "feeling like a boy" or "feeling like a girl" but rather how you want your body to look like and how you want to be seen and treated socially. These things can of course also change but they are usually the best indicator in figuring out your own gender identity.

I wish you good luck in your journey of self discovery and hope that EC will make it a little bit easier for you.

9. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're young, take your time. Don't worry about the body for now. I know I hated mine at that age too. I toyed with all of the terms for what I am, finally decided there was more than two genders and, I was the third gender, not male, not female but, not without gender either. I like "genderqueer" over bigender, or non binary, though non binary also fits me well. I don't think bigender does because I now love my female body but, I am not female. I am not male either.

In India, they recognize a third gender, one that is not male or female but, is a gender and, that's where I am, like a hijra. In being ourselves we don't conform to binary gender dress, actions or, mannerisms, we are simply who we are, a bit of everything and, a lot of somewhere in the middle.

Hijra don't alter their bodies, they keep whatever they were born with and simply be themselves in that body. Some are AMAB, some AFAB, some hermaphrodite, etc... All are the third gender.

Be patient with yourself and, your body, you may come to accept it, or even like it down the road. If not, you can change it in a few years to whatever you like, whatever fits you.

10. LovelyLex

It can feel like you're being torn in half sometimes.* I wish I had some magic nugget of wisdom that would make you suddenly accept your body.* But unfortunately, I'm still trying to come to terms with my own body.* The best advice I can give you is just do what feels right.* Don't worry about neatly fitting a male mold or a female mold.* If makeup feels good today, wear it.* If it doesn't feel good, don't wear it.* Same goes for clothes and shaving and anything else.* I'm probably over simplifying things but it helped me some even though I still struggle with my identity.* I'm not sure who I am either. You're not alone with these feelings. If you ever need someone to talk to, I enjoy discussing gender identity

11. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the end, it doesn't matter what you label yourself, as long as you're happy with it. You might be asked about your gender by others, and you might receive much hate, but here are the basic things you need to know to educate others about gender variance:

1.) Sex is determined by biology. Chromosomes and anatomy are all factors of sex, not just chromosomes.
    2.) Gender expression is influenced by society and personal desires, regardless of whence they come.
    3.) The perception of one's own gender identity (i.e. application of labels) is influenced by society and gender itself.
    4.) Gender itself (i.e. the feelings without labels attached) is determined by biology and possibly certain social factors. It's not a choice.
    5.) It's perfectly natural to feel neither completely male nor completely female. Even if it weren't natural, you are not prohibited by anyone from having your own gender identity.