1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find and meet with a gender therapist?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Vincentt, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Vincentt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi. I'm interested in transitioning in the near future but I'm really unsure about the whole process. I've heard that a letter from a therapist is usually required, but I don't know how to go about finding one that specifically helps trans people and setting up an appointment. I've tried a couple websites but I'm still very confused. Also, a lot of the stuff I look at makes it seem like the prices are really high (over $100 for one appointment). I don't have my own insurance and I'd be paying for everything myself (I'm in college with a part time job but not hundreds of dollars to spend). Is there any solution to that?

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Google gender therapists in your area. Some places will work with you on a sliding scale. You can also go the informed consent route for cheaper, but I strongly suggest you at least go to a couple of therapy appointments first.