1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress doesn't always feel progressive

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    First gender clinic appointment under my belt. Therapy session booked to complement the gender clinic stuff. Blood work requested my NHS GP. Name change at two of my banks. I also got new photos and the form needed to change my license.

I've also got talking to a lass that digs me. She sees me as a man and finds me attractive in that.

Why don't I feel whole? I feel uneasy and half a man. I've been unable to lift weights the last two days as I tweaked an old injury so maybe that has some bearing on how I'm feeling. The girl calls me a cheeky boy and refers to me as a guy she met online but I don't feel like I am yet. I feel like people may see me as delusional, a butch gay woman that's got a bit confused. But I know that if I could, I'd be reborn a man. To be without all this anxiety and challenge that I have to face. I wish I could fast forward through the last 2 or 3 months, because I'm doing my head in. I don't feel like I'm getting any bigger, but I literally don't stop eating or working out. My voice is deeper for some reason but not deep enough. I shave my face to stop me feeling so far away from the end goal but it makes me feel inadequate.

Does anyone know what I mean? This isn't just a 'looking in the mirror and not seeing a man yet' thing. It's deeper than that.

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2016 at 08:17 AM ----------

*next