1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with my mom

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Nov 24, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really getting tired of fighting to express myself around my mom. She doesn't believe that I'm trans and she really has to now that I've told my dad and am coming out at school in a couple months. She is convinced I'm just confused. Just today when I mentioned finding a gender therapist she made it sound like I was trying to figure out who I am still when I've been telling her for a couple months that I'm a boy. She also refuses to believe that I don't find my binder extremely uncomfortable and only allowed me to get one because she wanted me to see how I wouldn't like it. And is now mad that I absolutely love it and won't leave the bourse without it on. I just need some help getting her to actually believe me and listen to me so I can feel like I can be open with her again.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know it's frustrating to not be taken seriously but maybe it's mot all had she thinks it's phase if she's allowing you to experiment. Eventually she'll realize you aren't growing out of it.

3. noname8387

Well for a 15 year old I think you've already made a lot of progress, I'd say just take it slow and not take the things she says too seriously, time will get her to understand better. You can agree to disagree in a lot of things.

4. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mums suck at gender stuff when it comes to what they see as their daughters. She'll come around because you've raised it so young. I'm 28 and only just came out to my mum and guess what? She doesn't support it. Big surprise. You'll be fine mate, she hasn't completely shut you off. She's just struggling. But hey, parents are not the overriding authority on absolutely everything; they aren't perfect.