1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubt after coming out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Nov 24, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've talked about this before. It I always doubt myself after I come out to people. I told my dad yesterday that I'm ftm and now I'm having a lot of doubts about myself. I have been so sure with my identity as male for over a month and with missing my last couple periods due to polycystic ovaries and getting a binder I have been feeling great. Last night and all of today I have basically been going over just how sure I was and it's making me feel crazy. I just want to know if this is something normal to have issues with.

2. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely think its normal. I spent a year and a half figuring myself out as nonbinary before telling even my 2 closest friends and there are still times where I sit back and think I must be lying to myself and I'm not doing enough to prove myself to people and really I think it just comes from insecurity and not knowing what I want still... I still don't have really direct answers about names and pronouns for people, and I don't always know how to explain how I feel, so I get worried that not being self aware enough makes me not real. But it doesn't, I'm sure you know how you feel you're just still learning and living just like everyone else. Other people shouldn't expect you to have all the answers, because no one is like that. I think trans people are just sometimes held to that standard though because its such a different level of self awareness that most people aren't aware of...so they're quick to doubt it. Don't doubt yourself though! It's all normal and just don't rush figuring out how you feel, it'll come with time soon enough.

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's common to doubt yourself especially when you are feeling okay. When you get accustomed to being dysphoric all the time and you finally get some relief, you start to forget why you felt bad to begin with.