1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom finally is listening to me!!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Nov 25, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom is not really on board with the whole gender thing. She has been arguing with me for the longest time about my expression especially when it comes to me wearing a dress. She has been pressing it so hard and even people who knew about my gender said I should just deal with it but the thing is it would be weird for anyone who knows me on facebook or in person because I would already be out by her wedding in may. Yesterday I told her that I'm coming out in school in January and I want to start talking to a therapist soon and it seems she's finally listening to me. We were talking about her wedding and she said she needs to get clothes for us kids and she was thinking about doing light grey and blue for her fiancé and dark grey and blue for us kids and she said that I can wear a suit like my brothers and it makes me so happy because I've been trying to tell her for months that I'm a boy and I shouldn't have to wear a dress. This is a huge step forward for us and I'm so happy.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome! I remember you talking about this wedding months ago.
    Glad You don't have to wear a dress