1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shifting dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Dec 1, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Does it happen to you that your dysphoria suddenly shifts from one place to another?

Yesterday I hated my voice.
    This morning I thought my face was horrible, but liked my voice.
    Now I'm okay with my voice, find my face quite masculine and started hating my chest.

Why can't this shit just disappear :eek:

This hasn't happen before. All my life my dysphoria was pretty consistent about voice, face and body fat percentage/lack of muscle.

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I feel the same way as you do. I feel dysphoria towards different parts in different days. Somedays I feel fine about my chest (it's quite small) and other days I can't stand looking at it. Sometimes I think that my face or shoulders are fairly masculine, other times I look at them and internally cringe at how feminine they look. It's confusing as heck and leaves me with drastically fluctuating emotions.

Though one thing that is consistent is that all my dysphoria -- ALL of it -- comes together during shark week. I don't consciously get dysphoric for that week; it just happens that I'm always the most run-down during then and the days surrounding it.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. I was feeling bad about my chest for a couple weeks. Last couple days it's been my voice, and today my hips (or lack thereof). Sometimes it's my arms, and how much muscle mass I have in general.

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2016 at 03:39 PM ----------

And also my hair.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@ Atypical Guy: This is interesting, because I am generally in a bad mood durinh shark week. Could be the pain, stupid hormones or whatever.

@clustergazelle: Good to know that it's not just my thing with the muscle mass though it's the other way around with your case. Sometimes I wish we could just trade...

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely. Some days I can't stand my chest and some days I barely care it's there. Some days I can't stand my voice and some days I don't even think about it. Some days I hate how my body looks so feminine and some days my brain lets me forget about it and appreciate the parts that are more androgynous. My dysphoria has never been constant.

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh boy, being able to trade would be wonderful. I would trade with you in a heartbeat, anthracite!

7. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't get a lot of physical dysphoria, but I do get a lot of social dysphoria and often just experience general dissociation and stress due to my gender, so then the more dissociated I am the worse I tend to feel...some days certain titles and names (like girl vs boy) bother me, and some days they don't, some days I prefer ones I would usually hate... some days I panic because I feel just as ambivalent about my chosen name as I did my birth name. Some days I feel at my happiest when thinking of myself without a gender and don't care what I'm called, and others I panic that I feel nothing and just want to sort of be able to pick one that would make me happy...but I know it'll change in a few days so... there are even days where it depresses me that I feel more comfortable being a girl because I'm AFAB and it just reminds me how I had to discover that I didn't feel entirely like one over time... so yeah, its all just all over the place hahah.