1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about my concert outfit

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hats, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I am quietly panicking. I have two choir concerts coming up on Saturday, my male birth name will be on the programme and it’s concert blacks for attire. Luckily I don't have any solos. How can I best plan for the day? Is it better to purchase a girl outfit just in case and hope my gender doesn’t change during the performance, or stick with my boy clothes and hope I don’t get hit with dysphoria? I’ve already had one burst this week. Or ask the makeup people to do my face a bit closer to what they do for the women in the choir? I’m not sure I want to be out to over 200 people over the course of an afternoon/evening, especially if my boss turns up who I’m keeping my fluid trans identity from, but dysphoria ain’t fun either. Should I just talk to the conductor and see what he says? :help:

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say go femme, but then I'm biased.

It's a tough call, but I do see your dilemma. I'd probably dress feminine anyway and just explain it.

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If possible, maybe try getting a more neutral outfit, or something mostly masculine but with a feminine flair. Asking for *slightly* more feminine makeup could help too. In this way you'll feel comfortable in yourself no matter what gender you feel, and also avoid outing yourself to everyone including your boss.