1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fat redistribution.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by looking for me, Dec 8, 2016.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so I read somewhere that our bodies use our fat reserves daily, just a bit anyway, and then replace it. if one were on HRT, mtf and the tendency is to put weight on around the bum/thighs rather than the middle, would your waist shrink naturally just from the hormones?

2. AngieT

AngieT Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Will your waist shrink just from HRT? Generally speaking, no. I think that if you're on HRT and lose weight to lose inches, then gain weight back, the new fat may distribute a bit differently, but the difference will be minimal. If that's what you want, you're better off saving and having cosmetic surgery instead.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what I was thinking too Sarah. If my body uses up my belly fat, and puts the new fat it makes in other areas, my belly should shrink right? The only reason it doesn't now, is because it replaces the fat it doesn't use, but if most new fat is going to the hips, butt, and thighs, then it should shrink slowly.

4. iiimee

Your waist probably won't shrink THAT much, though some girls who have been on E for awhile do experience plenty of shrinkage in the waist, but what you'll see more often is trans girls generally getting a bit of a rounded figure due to the development of (usually small) breasts and fat around the hips and butt... So estrogen will get you closer to the conventional idea of what a woman's body should look like, but it isn't a miracle worker and you might not have breasts that are as big as the girls around you and it will take months for you to have noticeable redistribution... I am not a trans woman btw, I just know a lot about hormones in general and have a pretty solid grasp on at least some things involving estrogen such as changes like this... I wish that some of my really informed trans women friends were on here, but they are unfortunately not.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, i know i probably wont get boobs as big as my mom or sister and i know that E wont be a magic belly buster, but any small help i can get, you know? i am working on it, 5 pounds since October.

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom and sisters are all "gifted" in that area, and my body has always liked storing fat there, so I think I might be good. I've read that you should expect about half of what your immediate female relatives have. I think I can reasonably expect B or even low C cups, given the prevalence of D's and larger among my family members(though my mother is a "larger" which may skew things as I intend to work out and get in shape).

7. Really

This won't do anything for redistribution of fat but I swear my stomach is a different shape, flatter even, since taking up hula hooping. Yes, as an adult.

There are tons of videos of people teaching how to get started and how to do different moves, if you're lucky enough to progress past just waist hooping. That's all I can do. Still. Plus how to make your own very cheaply from pvc piping. I did this and covered it with coloured tape from the dollar store. Very Cirque du Soleil if I do say so myself. :wink:

I have no grace and it was a real challenge to get going but I figured all that concentrating and retrieving the dropped hoop was burning calories so I persevered and I can't tell you what a great high it is once you get it going for longer than 10 seconds. Amazing.

These days, I can still only waist hoop, left and right, but I can now do two hoops at once! Unbelievable.

Anyway, not sure if this interests you but it sounds like you're working on your health/weight so... :slight_smile:

Here's a little writeup about it that I just found, if you're interested.

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    honestly i think i'd be happy with full B's and i want to loose weight for health to be honest, looking better is bonus. if some of the weight from my middle were to actually migrate to my hips, bum and thighs all the better.

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2016 at 12:22 AM ----------

thank you for this Really, if i only had the room

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2016 at 12:28 AM ----------

the women in my family are pretty large too, but i know i cant afford augmentation later so i'll be happy with what i get TBH. having a nice bum would be nice too haha.

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm going to see where I am after two years, then I'll get implants if I'm not happy. If I like what I get, I'll just put that money into the srs fund. I actually want implants more than bottom surgery....

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so does anyone else have lived experience to share?:icon_bigg