1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can transguys pre-T rock longish hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Dec 9, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I'm thinking Ville Valo in Wings of a Butterfly video.

Some say, it could even make me look more masculine. I am a bit scared, because I didn't have longish hair since more than 4 years. Currently it's buzzcut-ish. See Dean Winchester.

Has anyone done this before and knows if it's possible?

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on if you want to pass, I guess. Even cis guys get mistaken for women with long hair. But if you can rock it - of course you can.

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Michael makes a good point. Even cis guys get misgendered with long hair, especially from behind. In a transguy it will probably only be worse. But if that's not something you're concerned about, go for it. I'm sure you'd still look nice, and manly if it is a fairly manly cut.

#3 Rickystarr, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

It is very important for me to pass though it is clearly a men's cut. I already had longer hair than I had now and did pass. So I can see how long it can get without reducing my chances of passing.

5. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I passed better with long hair when I was pre-T.

I really depends on how you put it. I used it to hide my feminine facial features, mostly my jawline. It helped a lot. With short hair, I looked like a butch girl instead.

I guess it also depends of your clothing style. If you dress pretty masculine, usually people will pick up on that.

I had hair at about shoulder length, so maybe try it and if you don't like it, just cut it. All I'm saying is don't assume it won't make you pass. Short hair is not a guarantee to pass either.

6. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I was told that I have a slim face. Slighly visible cheekbones and an ok jawline. Much like a younger teenage boy.

Well...masculine... I dress like myself. Chucks, jeans, band-shirt, all the stuff men's section, apart from shoes.

So I hope it works. But's gonna take a while until its long anyway.

7. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i do and i wear a ponytail alot no one says a thing

Attached Files: