1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packing?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Dec 12, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So recently I've been trying to find ways to present myself more masculine. I already bind and am getting a new binder soon and I dress very masculine so I wanted to try packing. I also wanted to look into STPs. I am getting some money next week so I wanted to start looking into packers to get. I need some tips and help though. First of all, I want something kinda cheap because I don't want to spend all my money on a packer so if anyone knows of anywhere I can order one for not to much money that would be great. I also know that it is generally easy to make one but I've tried that and am not hugely comfortable using socks. Second I need some tips for keeping this from my parents. I manage to hide binding from them but if they find my binder it's not hard for me to make them think it's an ordinary tank top. They know I'm trans but it's awkward enough trying to explain that I'm a boy and then them finding something like this would be weird and also at school if I'm not using it for like gym or theater and someone finds it in my bag or locker I could probably get in some trouble. Im also kind of worried about it appearin awkward or large like I don't know how a cis guys crotch area would look and I would never look at someone to see but it makes me paranoid that after I am out at school next month and people might find it weird or cis guys will tease me about it. It's just kind of an awkward topic to me so I would just love some advice for this.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as cheap packers go, the Mr. Limpy and Masho are under $15.

It's technically not hard to make them into an STP, but they aren't a universal thing in the sense that the same one will work for everyone (for example, the medicine spoon method doesn't work for me but works for a lot of others). So I would say if you're strictly looking for a packer that doubles as an STP, figure out what method works for you first if you haven't yet.

If you have, what works for you? If you prefer a cup/receptical method, FreeTom usually had stuff on clearance that could help, as well as the Fenis (which is mainly an STP and I'm not sure how it works as a pacer), Peecock, and No 1 Laboratories. FreeTom is having a 60% sale, and have some good stuff in their clearance bin now if that's anything of interest. I got mine through there for $30 instead of $150.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I didn't realise STPs had different methods. I haven't looked much into this yet because I have to wait before I can get a packer or stp device but I'm wondering what are the differences between the different methods of STP?

I'm thinking of getting something that functions both as a packer and stp. Are the cheaper ones generally less in quality?

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The two I know are ones like the fenis, peecock, and freetom that use a cup method (often with a lip) so it gives you some room to do your business without having to worry about having any accidents where it overflows. If you go this route, I highly recommend practicing with it a lot to learn how to control your stream so you can gauge on how much you need to hold back from having any overflow or spill issues.

With the medicine spoon method, it generally means that the base is a medicine spoon (like having it in your packer) or it's connected to a tube system which is then inserted in your packer. I don't know names off the top of my head for sites that have them, but some YT channels show how to go about making your packer into an STP using this method. Just heed their warnings when doing it, because it does require you to use metal and heat to get a hole in your packer; so be careful not to burn yourself.

There might be others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. But there are some STPs that are just that (ex: a medicine spoon or the Fenis) and some double as a packer. It all depends on what you want personally.

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, this really helpful. I didn't realise you could also make your own STP with a packer.

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recommend the EZP STP every time. It's pricey but it's gonna last, doesn't get sticky, can be used as a packer, doesn't need a harness and from experience and the experience of others I know have used it, it's got a 9.5/10 success rate.

As for packing when you don't need an STP, I've taken to wearing fly front briefs and putting a rolled up sock in between the two bits of material. The size is good and the bulge is all I really need to function through dysphoria most of the time and for that it works. Plus you don't have to worry about it falling out or looking bulky and awkward. It can be a cheap alternative whilst you're looking if nothing else.

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mr. Limpy for just a packer. I suggest the number one stp for your first stp because it's semi realistic, not too pricey, and can be used for packing though it doesn't give much of bulge. And I find it easy to use. https://youtu.be/rAlBM-vuVDI

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2016 at 12:24 AM ----------

Btw I just looked up the price for that stp and it is 50 usd, the cheapest semi realistic stp I could find.

8. BenFreeman

Mr Limpy is cheap. I have two sizes. extra small if i just need to know its there but dont want it to show (at work). And medium if I am going out and actually want it to show(If I am going to places where there wouldn't be consequences). They are cheap and realistic enough to make me happy. Even if people cannot see it,it does the world of good to the way you feel. Sometimes I am forced to be more feminine in appearance in certain formal situations ...but the fact that I am wearing my "invisible" extra small packer helps me endure without feeling too crap. Truly they are wonderful!...go for it boy!

PS
    the easiest way to hide your packer is to...well...keep it in your pants!!!

#8 BenFreeman, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first packer that I still use now and then, is the Sailor. It's pretty damn great and creates a realistic bulge that isn't too big.

As for securing it, many sites sell underwear specifically meant for packing, or can be used for it despite it not being what it was initially marketed for (ex: Speakeasy Briefs). There's also jockjock straps or something as simple as a sock and a safety pin.