1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer? Genderfluid? What's the difference??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rebelAssassin, Dec 13, 2016.

1. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've known for a while now that I'm not my assigned gender, and I've done days' worth of research about. I managed to narrow it down to two terms: genderqueer and genderfluid. The problem is that I'm not 100% sure what each term means. Can anyone explain the difference? This has been tearing me apart since June, and I know there are people who have been questioning for years, or are in worse situations than I am, but this is a big deal to me. All I really want is advice. I don't feel like the sites I've been looking on are accurately describing genderqueer or genderfluid, or what I am, if neither of those. I feel like I identify most strongly with genderfluid, but I'm not sure if it's possible for me to identify as more than one? :confused2: :bang:

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genderfluid is a gender which varies over time. One day you may feel female, the next male, neither, or both. It doesn't have to switch everyday, for some people their gender may change every month, or every week, it just depends on the person.

Genderqueer is an all-inclusive term for anything other than man or woman. Genderqueer can cover anything between genderfluid, agender, neutrois, third, etc.

3. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can definitely be more than one. Mine is a combination of bigender (in that I can be male or female or both) and genderfluid (in that I can be at any point on a spectrum between the two, rather than simply flipping from one to the other with no middle ground). Sometimes there’s these crazy moments where I’m both male and female but with an additional bias one way or the other. I don’t understand it fully, but things are getting clearer over time. :slight_smile: