1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by aclosetcase, Dec 13, 2016.

1. aclosetcase

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ever since I was very young I knew my attraction to both genders was there. I lied to myself for many years saying I was "straight" but inside I knew that romantically and physically I preferred both genders. Now, that I'm older and still coming to grips with my sexuality I feel like I still pigeonhole myself into believing that "maybe this will go away" when clear it is not. I'm surrounded by people who do not see bisexuality as a sexuality. It's either you're gay or you're straight. Even the few friends that I have whom have come out say the same thing but in more of a wishy-washy way but all that aside...

How do you learn how to accept who you are?

I don't accept myself. I loathe who I am and constantly feel guilty. I want to cut away this part of who I am and be "normal" even though realistically I know normalcy doesn't exist. It kills me everyday and sometimes I think that my own fear and non-accepting of self will be the end of me one day because I cannot come to terms with it.

So, again, I'm asking how do you learn to accept who you are? When did you know that this was who you were? And what can I do to change this?

Also, I am seeing a therapist but just wanted a general idea from people who deal with this type of thing.

Thanks everyone.

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2016 at 07:26 PM ----------

and....I accidentally posted this in the wrong area. I'm so sorry x__X

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, I was somewhat forced to be in the closet because my mom was worried about my safety when I was just 12 and open about my sexuality online. I think what helped me a lot was being in an inviting space with my friends, who were totally cool with the fact I was queer and validated me.

Do you have a support network, like friends you know will always love you and be there to have your back? You shouldn't have to hide something that's part of you.