1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I wash a gc2b binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by whatischickens, Dec 14, 2016.

1. whatischickens

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got my gc2b binder yesterday. Really happy.
    I've only used it 11 hours- since then. I take it on around 7 am and take it off around 4pm. But idk how to fucking wash it and I'm not really comfortable enough to ask my mum to do it for me. I've heard both that you should wash it in warm water and cold water, but which one is the best for the binder?
    I also can't use detergent, so what kind of soap should I yuse?
    How often should I wash it then? I plan on doing it twice every second week. Monday and Sunday so I can get to my mum on the monday after washing and washing it when I come home again. Is that okay? I really appreciate all answers here!:kiss:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can handwash it or put it on the handwash/delicate setting on your washer and hang it up to dry. :slight_smile:

Oh, and avoid using bleach on your binderr if you can help it.

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Use cold or warm water and hang to dry, at least twice a week. And I've used detergent with no issue.

4. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hand wash or put it on the hand wash setting of the washing machine. And just use normal washing machine powder for both. War water seems to work better, just don't use really hot water. Oh and also, be careful if tugging on it...I've had mine for about 3 months now and already the seams on the side are splitting because I tug on it too much. So yeah, just a warning about that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Delta

I hand wash mine by filling up the bathroom sink with warm water, putting a lil dollop of detergent, then scrubbing it, agitating it, and working the water through the fabric. Then I rinse it with warm water until there's no more soap in the fabric and hang it up to dry. It makes it change sizes less than when I machine wash it (which makes it start out shrunk and too tight then stretch out to a little looser than I want), so I prefer hand washing it. Sometimes they get pretty gross, but the fabric seems to be an easy one to get clean so it's all fine.