1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waxing fail...Help!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KitSylph, Dec 15, 2016.

1. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    I could really use some help with self-waxing! I tried yesterday for the first time, and it was a mess!

So yesterday my waxing kit finally arrived, and although I was a little nervous, I gathered my supplies, watched the instructional video, and started the wax warming.

I've been watching videos and reading how-to articles on waxing for weeks. I thought it would be pretty easy to do a half-decent job, though I was worried about the pain.

But what a mess! The short version of the story is that I had some success here and there, but I went through a whole lot more epilating strips than I was supposed to, the muslin ones I bought specially didn't really work, a lot of hair didn't come off at all, and I was left covered in wax with no easy way to get it off. (Solution: 90 minutes of dousing myself in olive oil, scraping the wax off with my fingernails, washing, drying, and then sticking to something so that I realized I had to go it all over again.) The one nice thing was that the pain wasn't a problem at all, even when the waxing was working well. I have no idea why. I wasn't super-brave, I just didn't feel a lot of pain (except for that one point when I accidentally waxed myself to the bathtub and then tried to stand up. Ouch!).

Can anyone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? Waxing is by far my best option for now, and having hair in the wrong places is depressing and dysphoric when I'm in girl mode. I washed and dried off beforehand, used corn starch before applying the wax, followed all the instructions, applied wax in the direction of the hair, pulled strips off against the direction of the hair, and got the best waxing kit I could afford (this one, which has rollers that seemed to make the wax go on really easily and well). I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't afford to pay to have this done professionally, so...can anyone help???

2. Lazuri

Ever thought about using an epilator? It hurts like hell, but it's definitely the best and most constant result you can get. If you didn't find waxing hurting that badly, you might not have difficulties with epilating either.

3. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, Lazuri. I'd never heard of an epilator: that's a very appealing option!

4. Lazuri

It works well, it was just a bit too painful for me.