1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine clothes for (mainly) around the house

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rokara, Dec 15, 2016.

1. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm wanting to present more femininely around my home, but I'm unsure of what types/kinds of clothes would be good for that, yet be appropriate if I were to wear them outside of my home (or at least worn under a pair of pants or more gender neutral if I'm not able to change clothes as I'm not really ready to go out in public presenting as more feminie:icon_redf). I've started looking into leggings, shirt dresses, things of that nature but there's so much variety in women's clothing that I'm getting overwhelmed/confused. :confused:

My general preferred style is I like to wear things that are looser fitting and comfy (I'm currently wearing lounge pants and an oversized t-shirt) around the house, and I tend to dress quite similarly when I'm out and about, but I do make the effort to not only look presentable but match as much as possible.

If anyone of you awesome people can point me in the right direction, or even offer some sound advice (and possibly even teach me a few things about women's clothing in general), it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Jessica79

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Old Navy is relatively cheap to order from if you want to try out a few different styles. Nowadays, women and men tend to dress similar (pants, hoodies, t-shirts, etc). So it is more of a matter of getting feminine prints than a particular type of garment. Just browse and see what you are attracted to. Also be sure to check fit descriptions, especially if you like a looser fit.

4. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How reliable is this website? I'm all for being able to get some decent clothes for a good price, I just don't want stuff that looks cheap (really thin fabric, bad stitching, etc.)

I've noticed that as well. Seems like fashion in general is going more gender neutral than having things specifically for women/men. I will have to check out what Old Navy has. They've always had some really nice clothes

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a Chinese discount/wholesale website. Seems to be a mixed bag (almost even split) of good/bad reviews, however the bad reviews take the cake. Common complaints are poor customer service, poor quality products, things coming damaged or broken, receiving items that don't look like what's on the website and getting stuck with all the shipping costs (ships directly from China) negating any savings on the item(s) you purchased. Looked like the clothing runs small as well.

Sounds like it's shop at your own risk.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see the same things...I think I'll avoid.:slight_smile: