1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gendered differences in where you put cigarette packs?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Dec 17, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Did you notice? Some dude told me yesterday about how guys tend to put them either into their trousers or their shirts pocket.

I never thought about stuff like that. I always have them in my jacket, because I always wear it when outside and I'm too lazy to always put them somewhere else. But I know a girl that always puts them in their shirt's pocket.

How significant are these differences? Should I rather put the pack in another pocket? Yes, I am actually thinking about this the whole day :grin::grin:

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Nope...it really doesn't make a difference..half of the male chain smokers I know put it into their jacket because, hey! It's a pocket and it doesn't really matter which as long as the pack can be stored somewhere!
    The other half just "lends" themselves some so...

The only reason for girls being more likely to put them in their jacket is because of the size of women's trouser pockets...but it's not an inherently unguyish thing to do.

...the only inherently feminine way I could see you store a pack would be in a fancy bag or purse...but...well...you'd probably never do that.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2016 at 08:42 PM ----------

There's also the lazyness factor of not having to get it out of your trousers every time you wear a new one since most people wear the same jacket everyday..which is again a reason a fair amount of guys keep them there.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2016 at 08:44 PM ----------

Though judging someone's gender based on where they store their cigarettes would make one hell of an interesting study.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Nope. Got a standard grey plastic pack to avoid the pictures. I guess next summer I hope I have some shirts with pockets.

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone should store them in the same place: the trash.

Though during my brief smoking stint(like a year), I never really thought about where I kept them. Just whatever happened to be convenient at that time. Now dip, ALWAYS went in my back pocket.