1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like both a woman and man?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miki84lez, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Miki84lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always identified as female, then I discovered my style to be more masculine and then i just called myself butch but now with more research and I regularly go to a queer group I'm unsure if just a butch female lesbian is my title.

So have quite the hour glass figure which I like because I think it's more attractive for a women and it makes me a little less ordinary but I also don't like it because big boobs are annoying and my figure goes against the clothes I like to wear.

I wear mostly mens clothes, t-shirts, jeans, long shorts, bulky boots, slightly oversized clothes. My hair is also really short and I like it. I also like wearing hilled boots and putting on make up and wearing accessories. But I'm also discovering my style more and more.

Now I used to be girlier because my sister would dress my up and I looked good and so I just went with it, but it never quite felt like me so one day I cut my hair off and slowly went from skirts and dresses to jeans and shirts. If I didn't have such big boobs you'd probably mistake me for a guy.

I like being female with my bits but I also feel male with a lot of things too, my personality fits more there and how I act and dress. I don't really care for shaving my legs and pits but I will shave them for when they are shown only because I don't want to look weird.

I wouldn't identify myself as genderfluid because I don't really switch between either genders. I'm definitely not trans, I very much want to keep the female parts of myself (maybe a breast reduction only cause they're so big) and I know I'm not non-binary because I prefer gender titles. I was researching and came across bigender but I'm not sure.

Also if I were to come under a different category of gender identification would what that do with my sexuality? Like what would I call it? I'm only attracted to women.

If you could shed some light on my situation that would be great. I just want to be sure.

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of this is about gender expression (hair, clothes, et cetera). You could just be a masculine woman. Do you feel uncomfortable being gendered as female, for example?

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound like me and I'm a cis woman.

Most of this is just gender expression and that doesn't fit your gender identity, especially since even the non-binary identities don't feel right to you. You may just be a non-typical woman. Even butch women sometimes use male titles.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hats is right about the comfort part in being gendered female.
    For example, I identify as androgyne, but lean towards feeling more masculine (and I do a lot of the things you do). But I don't feel completely masculine either. I feel like I am more a mix up of both, than anything else. Hard to describe really, it is different for everybody on this spectrum. Anyway, if you are not adverse to identifying strictly as male or female, this is worth looking into.

Sebby45

5. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So Bigender is about being male or female or both at once. Some people switch more than once a day, each day or every few days. Everyone's experience is different.

Most of what you mentioned relates to gender expression versus gender identity. Basically you talk about how you dress and how you look on the outside. But how to gender pronouns or being gendered as female or male make you feel? Does it cause you discomfort or anxiety to be called "She" or "He"? Do you feel "male" or "female"? Do you identify with feeling both and prefer "They" pronouns?

Based on what you said you could just be a non conforming cis woman, sometimes colloquially called a "tom-boy". But you could also fit into another gender identity such as Androgyne (part male, part female). Again just sit with it and see how you feel.