1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.K. - Anybody used Gender GP online?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    U.K. people - has anyone used the Gender GP online service? It's run by Dr Helen Webberley and she seems to have all the credentials. I need to know what the scale of the service looks like, whether there are any appointments to attend, what timeframes looked like, any tick box requirements such as counselling and the cost of service?

I also need to know if they do shared care, as in advise my NHS GP to prescribe me T instead of having to pay costs privately.

Literally just wanting information from people that have used the site and service only - opinions etc aren't needed. Many thanks guys.

2. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Various people on Reddit have had the same question as you, and people have posted their experiences with her services (and she has a Reddit account so she can respond too). It seems like everyone has had a positive experience, receiving professional treatment in good time. See /r/transgenderUK for lots of results about her. Remember not to post your Reddit username or anything that could link an account there to an account here.

You will need a couple appointments, but these can be over the phone or Skype -- nothing has to be done in person. You will need a blood test. At least one appointment (more if necessary, I presume) will be some form of psychiatric evaluation -- I don't know exactly what because it all still seems out of reach for me, so I haven't done that much research.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Know you said you didn't want opinions but I'm just letting you know what I've heard from people that have gone through her. She doesn't keep up with blood work which can be extremely dangerous and when GICs have asked for previous bloodwork forms from her she's refused them which makes it difficult to switch to getting T through an NHS GIC. I looked into her too because I'm desperate to get on T but seems she does way more harm than good and although she'll get you on hormones it's extremely dangerous and messes you up further along the line.

4. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks both, much appreciated. The problem I'm having is that the gender clinic I'm seeing are putting a lot of steps in place that appear to be money making schemes.