1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i'm genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JustAZebra, Dec 21, 2016.

1. JustAZebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was wondering if anyone could help me understand and/or figure out what my gender identity is. (Thx in advance btw :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Let me start out by saying that I was born a male and didn't really notice anything wrong with that until I was about maybe 11 years old. At first I noticed that sometimes I would feel different and not quite, male? So I kept feeling this way, and it happened multiple times a week, fastword to my teens and I started feeling this way multiple times everyday and sometimes whole days. I also noticed that at some points I would feel more strongly as "not male" while other times less, also I discovered that this "not male" that I was feeling was female, whenever I would get this way I would act very different from what I was normally like and seeing everything I noticed this, and I came to accept it and was happy with this. I eventually figured out about gender identities and came accross being a transgender, at first I thought, "this is me", "I finally figured out what I am", and to be honest I believed this for almost two years until I couldn't continue. I just wasn't a transgender (exactly anyway). I started feeling dysphoria about my body back when I first noticed I wasn't exactly male, I felt, and still do as i'm writing this that I would prefer being in a female body. I was confused, and then I stumbled accross the possibility of being Gender Fluid, it all made sense, why sometimes I would feel less male and more female. The thing is now I never feel "male", maybe I can feel mostly male but I always feel female no matter what, and in some situations and times of day, I would feel female even stronger sometimes not feeling male at all. So this is my situation, I feel like I want to be a female (I don't really like my body as it is as well), but sometimes I feel "female" stronger than other times, and I will feel somewhat male other times, in a percent I think that at most I would feel 60% Male and 40% Female, while other times only female or somewhere inbetween. So would that make me a genderfluid between female and almost half-male or something different? I am really wondering and I hope someone can help me with this. ^_^

(I forgot to write that when I feel female or half-male it changes depending a lot on what i'm doing and my mood, I don't know if this makes a difference but i thought I might include it anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, also on a separate note don't even get me started on my sexuality:lol:slight_smile: Thx Again :icon_bigg

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Genderfluidity is annoying, isn’t it? You think you’ve got it pinned down, but nope! :lol:

From everything you’ve written you do sound genderfluid. You could also look at bigender if you think it fits better. Perhaps demigirl or demiboy would sound right for your 60% male 40% female stage?

Yep, that’s familiar. Being around my family seems to freeze my gender at male whereas highly emotional situations can jam it at female. Annoyingly I’m most likely to shift when nobody else is around.

3. JustAZebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the response :grin:

Also from what you said I do feel that I'm kinda bigender but also genderfluid since I change from the moment and it is also its not always the some variation of male to female. Sometimes I just feel more female than male or other times just pure female were thinking of myself as a male just feels wrong you know. Thanks Again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 08:50 PM ----------

Wait, bigender... Its... Its... Perfect!

Thank you Hats and thank you google! :lol:

4. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No worries! It's nice to meet someone else who experiences the 60% male 40% female feeling :slight_smile: