1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Sucks

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Who else is spending Christmas alone / without family because of transition issues? I used to love Christmas, but admittedly haven't had a decent one in years. Maybe being alone is what I need.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankfully I've been lucky to have a family that is either chill about me being trans or don't care one way or another.

3. NotSureAboutMch

Hi Kal,

I'm also feeling it. In my case, I'm just starting to figure out who I am. So, I'll be with family on Sat/Sun, but feeling confused and scared that things may change. I'm also feeling very lonely right now. I'm not dating because I don't know who I am or who I like. So, me and the person I was dating had to stop. She is the only person IRL that knows my whole story and we can't be together. That. Really. Sucks.
    Don't know if it helps to say, "Yup, I'm with you.", but, I am.

-nsam

4. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Cheers then!

---------- Post added 23rd Dec 2016 at 07:56 AM ----------

Sorry to hear that friend. It's a tough time of year because of all the expectations. And nothing cuts straight to the bone than a lost love.

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens. It is unfortunate that family can so easily push one away, but it happens.

If anything you have family here, Kal. We are here for you every step of the way. And while maybe you can take this Christmas as a breather, to just relax and have some alone time, there will come a day when you are surrounded by those who mean the world to you.

I have been struggling over the thought of Christmas too, as it is very likely my last Christmas with my family for a long time.

I know it hurts, but you cannot let it get the better of you.

6. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    You're right. I have spent quite some time worrying lately and stressing over things that need to work themselves through. My gym is open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day so I'll definitely spend some quality time there. I'll also FaceTime my girlfriend so I have that to look forward to (thank you technology). But to a greater extent, a lot of people on this forum are here. You all know to varying degrees how I feel and despite us all being faceless, we are not heartless. This forum has been a source of help, support, information and sometimes, only sometimes, frustration. It's my virtual family. And one day, after T has taken hold and I look more like the man I believe I am...I may post a picture so you can see the face of your brother in arms. Merry Christmas one and all.

7. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Merry Christmas, Kal. As we say in New Zealand, "kia kaha" (stay strong). (*hug*)

8. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks darling, much appreciated.