1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The weirdest getting over someone...Only this community will understand

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NotSureAboutMch, Dec 23, 2016.

1. NotSureAboutMch

Hi all,

I'm suffering more today with loneliness than gender/sexual confusion. Although that's the cause of it. I know this is a bit off topic, but you are the only people that will understand.

I've told one person IRL my story. I'll call her D. I had been dating D for about three months. Not long, but we connected on some pretty big stuff. Three weeks ago, the pressure of what I thought was sexual orientation questioning got to be too much. I told D about my confusion. She was super supportive. Held me all night while I cried about my confusion and some deep grief that came along with it about other things.
    That next week was terrible. Confusion. Grief. Fear of losing the life I'd known. Fear of losing friends and family. D supported me through this, even while we discussed not being able to date while I went through this.
    Then, one week after I told her about my sexual confusion, I figured out I had a whole lot of gender confusion too. Hit me out of the blue. Again, I told D. She's the only person IRL that knows me.
    And now, we are trying to be friends, but we feel so distant from each other. There's so many confusing feelings when it comes to her. We are so, so close, but dating won't work. It'd be too hard on her and too confusing to me. I'd have trouble being honest with her and with myself, probably.

So, even as I write the above, it all seems like a distant memory. I'm having thoughts that all this sexual and gender confusion is bullshit. I'm just scared to be in a relationship. I'm just scared of losing someone. That letting go of D is a bad idea and diving into all this sexual/gender confusion is the wrong course to go down.

So, I'm trying to figure out where the denial is.

When I take a step back. Take a breathe. I can almost see that letting go of D is ok. That I need to figure me out in a lot of ways before I'll be able to have a good, solid relationship. Loneliness, especially around the holidays is making that really really hard.

I also know that I'm hung up on her because letting her go is to admit that I need to change my life. That I'm not just a hetero man with some relationship issues.

I'm a male that feels feminine sometimes. Maybe more than sometimes.
    I'm strongly attracted to men sometimes and I've never explored that. I need to get to know this part of myself even if that scares me.
    I have strong attractions to women too. But I don't want hetero sex with them. Maybe some other kind, but not hetero.
    I feel really good, especially sexually, when I imagine I am a woman. And I struggle to make sense of my parts.

It's good to get that down. To remember why I'm struggling with all of this.

I'm also going to say, there is a loss of love with D. That's real and difficult. Even if our friendship continues and grows. It will not be a relationship. That's very hard to face.

Would love some feedback and support people. I hate hate hate feeling lonely.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi NotSureAboutMuch,

I personally think there is a lot of pressure in our society to find out who you are right away. To label and define yourself like a package for all to see. Things just aren't that way. They are confusing, they are messy, and they are lonely. The fact that you are having doubts means that there is something about yourself that doesn't feel right.

I think the honourable choice is not pursuing your relationship, even though that is an extremely hard thing to do since D and you were so close. But with the issues you are facing you are going to need to have time to do a lot of soul-searching before you come to terms with who you are and what you want. Only then can you make a good partner to somebody. Otherwise you will always confound yourself with doubts and confuse your loved one in the process.

The topic of loneliness itself could fill a book! And there are many of us here on EC going through the same thing. Holidays can be extremely rough as well, since they paint a perfect picture of cozy living (when we all know that it is an illusion.) You just have to hold tight. Loneliness tends to ebb and flow. So, I would encourage you to hang around these forums for a bit, do some reading, join in on threads that deal with similar issues. There is a lot you can learn and people you can connect to.

Remember change is not a bad thing in and of itself. It can be stressful, but it can lead to greater happiness than you can think of now. So don;t feel like your world is falling apart. Just try to learn as much about yourself as you can.

Sebby45

3. NotSureAboutMch

Sebby, you're right on. D hasn't communicated with me all day. This triggered a lot of hurt and loneliness. It took me awhile today to realize pretty much what you said. She is straight. I don't know what I am, but 99% sure I'm not gonna land on straight. I need to let her go for both our sakes. Even the friendship might be too hard in the short term. I know this week I was very wrapped up in feelings about her. I think she's in a similar place with me too.
    It's hard to let go, but I think I'm doing it. I actually had a pretty good day after I posted this. It started with me posting some encouragement to someone else here on EC. I realized that I was feeling very selfish. I wanted this to be easy and not be lonely. And that was taking an essential part of me out. I wasn't being nice to people. I wasn't reaching out to friends to wish them happy holidays. These things are important to me. And closing myself off because I'm trying to make my world one way isn't good for anyone. Hmmm. That's exactly it. Yesterday was hella awkward with people because I was trying to force this thing with D. In my own mind more than anything. Openness to life always makes me happier. Accepting me and everyone around me as who they are, makes me happier.
    Thanks for your thoughts Sebby. I needed to hear them.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad that my post was of help to you, and that you are opening up to others. It isn't healthy to shut down and isolate, even if you may feel like it sometimes. The letting go part gets easier with time, especially if you can connect with others. You can't change the world, but you change how you see yourself.

I'm proud of you for taking the step to move forward. :icon_bigg

Happy Holidays!

Sebby45

5. Irisviel

There are some relationships that work in surprising setups, but it is rare and rarely without strain. Sexuality, and gender roles we perform, that's not just something of a societal stereotype - for most people masculinity or femininity are what constitutes a significant part of attraction, sexual orientation is an obvious component of course. Being in love will not replace being with someone you are attracted to, and I'd date say love fades quickly and turns into guilt when one tries to defy one's own needs, both emotional (which are in the gender roles in a great way), and sexual. The former I stress a lot because a relationship dynamic is something a lot of people find jmportant, and women who entertain a non feminine role are a minority.

So perhaps what I'm trying to say is that you seem to have made a mature decision that is both good for you and the person you speak of. Hard thing to do, but as you said yourself... it's not going to be easy to find a relationship without being stable within your own mind. From such a pragmatic perspective, that might be a step in the right direction and I have my best wishes for you to succeed.

6. NotSureAboutMch

Irisviel, I think I understand what you're describing. The thoughts that kept going through my mind are that I'm very confused about my gender and hence, gender role. And likewise, I'm confused about attraction. So, yes, the questions of who wears the pants in the relationship are important and completely unresolved in me. Whose pants I want to take off, also. I'm not clear enough to know that. The gender confusion and sexuality confusion are both bouncing around in me. Perhaps I'll start another post about that. The things I know to be true about myself. It will help define things for me.

Just to update everyone, D got back to me. Gave me a song and dance about being OK, but that she drank way too much last night and was dealing with a hangover. I know this is a pattern for her when she's hiding from her feelings. So, I made the decision to be honest. I told her to take care of herself and was honest that I was feeling lonely because of the loss of 'us' and the holidays. That I was working through these feelings because our friendship is important. And I emphasized that I will be going through a lot of changes in the next few months. I didn't shy away from the fact that I'm searching out my gender and sexuality.
    Her response was great. She has been feeling lonely too. Because of 'us' and other things. And she thanked me for being honest. That it forced her to stop hiding from her feelings.

It warms my heart that we are forming a strong and honest friendship. I feel much more comfortable thinking about her now. It feels ok with twinges of 'I'm lonely and want to be with her.' Instead of, deep and grindy loneliness and feeling awful about not being with her.

Each time I've gotten honest with her and just laid out where I'm at, hard, painful emotions have come up for both of us, and things have gotten better. I'm not willing to do this any other way.

7. NotSureAboutMch

Hi all,

I've been away from these forums for a few days and need to write, vent, process...

I'm really struggling with a few things and need some perspective.

Let me say, I've dated very little. To much anxiety. The source of the anxiety is what I'm trying to figure out.

Getting over the loss of the dating 'us' with D has brought up a HUGE amount of abandonment issues and terrible feelings of loss.

There's so much going on in my head, it's hard to put it all down...

I've been really struggling with the idea that I have sexual/gender identity issues this week. I've been going through all the loss I didn't feel 30 years ago. It's been intense. The question that keeps coming up is whether all of this sexual/gender questioning is due to all that loss, or if the questioning was a part of why I wasn't able to process the losses when they happened.

It's always been the same. The rare times I have dated, I get about two months in and can't be in it anymore. I break it off, and I get absolutely buried by feelings of loss. They focus on the woman I was dating. So, I get back together. As soon as I do that, I want to be out again.

What I'm seeing more clearly is that the loss that I feel gets mixed up between the person and the old stuff. That's what I'm trying to separate.

Add in the confusion about sexuality and gender and the holidays and it's very overwhelming.

I've asked D to give me some time to process this week. It feels like I'm pushing this "time" thing too far out. It's been a week since we really talked and I feel guilty. I want to be more settled with her and get back to our friendship because she has been really supportive, but the feelings of loss and abandonment have been overwhelming me.

There is another component to all of this, which is, to move past the dating 'us', is to accept that my confusion is real and has to be dealt with. So, there's more than a relationship ending here. The idea of who I thought I was is also ending.

I've been really really repressing sexual feelings. Probably gender feelings too.

The idea of being attracted to men has been so uncomfortable for me that I haven't allowed myself to even think about it. Last night I got really angry after telling D I needed more processing time. I was angry at everything. And through that anger I had a sexual fantasy about a man. It was the first time I've allowed that to happen.

It was strange. It felt easier than the fantasizing I've done all my life about women. But also less intense on some levels.

So, I'm sitting with that.

I want to talk to D, but still not sure I'm ready.

I think I need to set a day. I'm going to start talking to D tomorrow. That will give me some time to work through whatever I need to. It also sets an end date so I don't just spin on this stuff. It's weird. Right now, I'm thinking, why am I getting all bent out of shape about a friendship? It'll be fine. It's just a friendship. But that's right now. This week it's been mostly, "she is the one. If you let her go you'll never be happy." Gotta love emotions. Especially ones that make so little sense in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks all,

-nsam

8. WarmEmbrace

Hey Nsam,

I can relate a LOT to a lot of the feelings you're describing.
    I have been in quite a few relations with straight women looking for straight guys ( surprisingly so, for someone who has as much anxiety as I have in a dominant male role, sexually)

First one it started in high school and ended after the first year of college, two years year long, another one at the end of college, half a year long, two more several months long and each time it was I who ended them, not because I didn't love them or because there would be someone else, (I have been faithful in all my relationships), but because I felt that something was off in regard to sexual attraction to them, so there was no future, I couldn't love them with all my heart, they way they wished and deserved to be loved. I felt that I was deceiving them because there were so many things i hadn't yet accepted about myself.

My most recent relationship was way different than those above.It was six years long and unlike the others I started it with with all my deepest secrets and toughts laid out in the open. Still, it just ended ... but not because i lost interest but because she was hiding something.

Since I really trully loved her, and i had pinned all my hopes and dreams of a family on this relationship, when it ended the pain was tremendous. I lost tracks of the days i spent crying my eyes out, and the times I thoughts about ending it all. Fortunately i am strong enough mentally and have studied enough psychology to see where these thought came from , and shooed them away. The emotional pain was not any less real though just because I understood the mechanics :slight_smile:.

I did love her with all my heart but she ended the relationship in a very un-ellegant way ,after she realised that no matter how hard I would try, I can't be the alpha male she secretly wanted me to become, and that after all, what she wants is actually a straight Alpha male by her side, she simply cheated on me, and lied about it because it was comfortable having me as a safety net. And even later after I learned about it , and realized that i still loved her, when i tried to work this out, and patch things up, and to forgive, ultimately she told me that the problem was that i do not have for the the kind of desire that a man has towards a woman. Which was right, things were reversed i had towards her the kind of desire a woman has towards another man. or towards another woman. In my mind in many ways, all this time she had been been the man and I the woman. If this would have been also physically true I know without a shred of a doubt , i would have satisfied his widest sexual fantasies any time and in any way he would have desired it. I love to please. I wanted to cry out to her: " It is not fair! Don't ask of me to become something I am not, and to kill and supress what I am, under the thread that you'll leave me if i don't. You should have mentioned that this would be an issue from day one! I was honest with you, why weren't you honest with me ? You went into this with these secrets and expectances that you never told me about, and let me to bang my head agaist a wall about why you were growing more and more dissasfied with me as time goes by". And she sais " I thought you were just going through a phase, that you would ultimately outgrow".

Now you could say, six years and you didn't feel that ? You didn;t feel her dissatisfaction? Yes I did, but i didn't want to accept it on a conscious level, because my traditional wound are related to rejection and abandonment. I was trying to convince myself that I am omnipotent, that my love would enable me to can re mould myself though will power alone into an alpha male and we'll be happy. But gender issue don't work like that. you can't wish the gay or transgender mind away.

So all this time on the surface she said she loved who I was, and I bought it. Because she was is more manly and I was more girly we did seem to make a great fit. In the first two years she would constantly do things like grab my butt around the house, grab me by the waist, when we were alone at home. Generally acted towards me like boyfriends act towards their girlfriends. She loved wearing the proverbial pants in all aspects of our relationship except when we actually got to sex. sexually she always expected me to be a hetero guy. I felt comfortable enough around her to tell her honestly on occasions that on some night i just can't be "the guy" i don;t have the mental energy to do it, and she said she was okay, only to learn now many years later, after things went sour, that each of these times hurt her a lot, and in the end she was depressed as heck as well. That she only pretended to be strong and to like to be manly, but in fact she always wanted to be a woman to be protected, and had always hoped that i ultimately would switch over mentally and become permanently a dominating guy through and through in all aspects of my life.

So in the end she did this "act manly towards me" not because it was who she was and because she because she enjoyed it as i thought, but because it was an act meant to make me feel comfortable, and then she secretly had hoped that with the passing of time, under her influence i would change, and become more of a regular guy, and when it didn't happen it was a disappointment for her , and super painful for me, who thought I had finally made sense of my life.

The woman who I loved so much was very masculine in her actions and outlook on life, and I really thought we complemented each other. However she also was a bit controlling. I even gave up therapy when she asked me to do so (she thought somehow that my therapist was holding me back, but this was quite the opposite, without the support i had from my therapist, my shortcomings in the " being a male" area became even more apparent, so eventually, much to my despair, everything fell apart).

So what's the key take away. Before starting a relationship that has half a chance, learn to let go of anxiety and be open and honest about the true you and to love yourself. If possible, open up your partner's eyes about it too as time goes by. Don;t give up what you are just to try and please others, you'll end up hating yourself. Go in without expecting the other to be in a certain way, or do certain things. Go in with your heart full of wonder and love and genuine curiosity :slight_smile:. Expecting stuff sets you up for massive disappointment when it does not happen.

In this direction, therapy helps.

A relationship, either with a guy or a gal, won't work if you cannot also love yourself. If you have internalised self loathing, that will poison the well of your love. With internalised self hate, you won't be able to give your partner the kind of healthy love that brings together a family, I've seen it first-hand when i started to hate myself for not being able to be enough of a man for my love, and it has caused me to take refuge in my work, because the disapproving looks i would get from her each evening were like daggers in my soul, when she realised that I wasn't getting more masculine, but quite the opposite. And this was stupid, i should have tried to take refuge in my work, and tried to impress her with gifts, we should have communicated more, by my self hate and her self hate prevented me us to do that.

So first, learn to accept what you feel, who you are, get to love what you are and then you will be able to be okay and natural in a relationship. It is a tough long road, but is worth taking :slight_smile:. It is way better than suppressing what you feel just because it is uncomfortable because of the society norms around you.

Sorry , went of an a few wild tangents here, but I hope you get something good out of it :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2016 at 09:23 PM ----------

I was very emotional while writing the above, and the typos level is over 9000 :slight_smile:.

How do I edit a previous post and correct the typos and grammar ?:slight_smile: There' s no edit button. Feeling more than just a bit embarrassed :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2016 at 09:26 PM ----------

Hey Nsam,

I can relate a LOT to a lot of the feelings you're describing.
    I have been in quite a few relations with straight women looking for straight guys ( surprisingly so, for someone who has as much anxiety as I have in a dominant male role, sexually)

First one it started in high school and ended after the first year of college, two years year long, another one at the end of college, half a year long, two more several months long and each time it was I who ended them, not because I didn't love them or because there would be someone else, (I have been faithful in all my relationships), but because I felt that something was off in regard to sexual attraction to them, so there was no future, I couldn't love them with all my heart, they way they wished and deserved to be loved. I felt that I was deceiving them because there were so many things i hadn't yet accepted about myself.

My most recent relationship was way different than those above.It was six years long and unlike the others I started it with with all my deepest secrets and toughts laid out in the open. Still, it just ended ... but not because i lost interest but because she was hiding something.

Since I really trully loved her, and i had pinned all my hopes and dreams of a family on this relationship, when it ended the pain was tremendous. I lost tracks of the days i spent crying my eyes out, and the times I thoughts about ending it all. Fortunately i am strong enough mentally and have studied enough psychology to see where these thought came from , and shooed them away. The emotional pain was not any less real though just because I understood the mechanics :slight_smile:.

I did love her with all my heart but she ended the relationship in a very un-ellegant way ,after she realised that no matter how hard I would try, I can't be the alpha male she secretly wanted me to become, and that after all, what she wants is actually a straight Alpha male by her side, she simply cheated on me, and lied about it because it was comfortable having me as a safety net. And even later after I learned about it , and realized that i still loved her, when i tried to work this out, and patch things up, and to forgive, ultimately she told me that the problem was that i do not have for the the kind of desire that a man has towards a woman. Which was right, things were reversed i had towards her the kind of desire a woman has towards another man. or towards another woman. In my mind in many ways, all this time she had been been the man and I the woman. If this would have been also physically true I know without a shred of a doubt , i would have satisfied his widest sexual fantasies any time and in any way he would have desired it. I love to please. I wanted to cry out to her: " It is not fair! Don't ask of me to become something I am not, and to kill and supress what I am, under the thread that you'll leave me if i don't. You should have mentioned that this would be an issue from day one! I was honest with you, why weren't you honest with me ? You went into this with these secrets and expectances that you never told me about, and let me to bang my head agaist a wall about why you were growing more and more dissasfied with me as time goes by". And she sais " I thought you were just going through a phase, that you would ultimately outgrow".

Now you could say, six years and you didn't feel that ? You didn;t feel her dissatisfaction? Yes I did, but i didn't want to accept it on a conscious level, because my traditional wound are related to rejection and abandonment. I was trying to convince myself that I am omnipotent, that my love would enable me to can re mould myself though will power alone into an alpha male and we'll be happy. But gender issue don't work like that. you can't wish the gay or transgender mind away.

So all this time on the surface she said she loved who I was, and I bought it. Because she was is more manly and I was more girly we did seem to make a great fit. In the first two years she would constantly do things like grab my butt around the house, grab me by the waist, when we were alone at home. Generally acted towards me like boyfriends act towards their girlfriends. She loved wearing the proverbial pants in all aspects of our relationship except when we actually got to sex. sexually she always expected me to be a hetero guy. I felt comfortable enough around her to tell her honestly on occasions that on some night i just can't be "the guy" i don;t have the mental energy to do it, and she said she was okay, only to learn now many years later, after things went sour, that each of these times hurt her a lot, and in the end she was depressed as heck as well. That she only pretended to be strong and to like to be manly, but in fact she always wanted to be a woman to be protected, and had always hoped that i ultimately would switch over mentally and become permanently a dominating guy through and through in all aspects of my life.

So in the end she did this "act manly towards me" not because it was who she was and because she because she enjoyed it as i thought, but because it was an act meant to make me feel comfortable, and then she secretly had hoped that with the passing of time, under her influence i would change, and become more of a regular guy, and when it didn't happen it was a disappointment for her , and super painful for me, who thought I had finally made sense of my life.

The woman who I loved so much was very masculine in her actions and outlook on life, and I really thought we complemented each other. However she also was a bit controlling. I even gave up therapy when she asked me to do so (she thought somehow that my therapist was holding me back, but this was quite the opposite, without the support i had from my therapist, my shortcomings in the " being a male" area became even more apparent, so eventually, much to my despair, everything fell apart).

So what's the key take away. Before starting a relationship that has half a chance, learn to let go of anxiety and be open and honest about the true you and to love yourself. If possible, open up your partner's eyes about it too as time goes by. Don;t give up what you are just to try and please others, you'll end up hating yourself. Go in without expecting the other to be in a certain way, or do certain things. Go in with your heart full of wonder and love and genuine curiosity :slight_smile:. Expecting stuff sets you up for massive disappointment when it does not happen.

In this direction, therapy helps.

A relationship, either with a guy or a gal, won't work if you cannot also love yourself. If you have internalised self loathing, that will poison the well of your love. With internalised self hate, you won't be able to give your partner the kind of healthy love that brings together a family, I've seen it first-hand when i started to hate myself for not being able to be enough of a man for my love, and it has caused me to take refuge in my work, because the disapproving looks i would get from her each evening were like daggers in my soul, when she realised that I wasn't getting more masculine, but quite the opposite. And this was stupid, i should have tried to take refuge in my work, and tried to impress her with gifts, we should have communicated more, by my self hate and her self hate prevented me us to do that.

So first, learn to accept what you feel, who you are, get to love what you are and then you will be able to be okay and natural in a relationship. It is a tough long road, but is worth taking :slight_smile:. It is way better than suppressing what you feel just because it is uncomfortable because of the society norms around you.

Sorry , went of an a few wild tangents here, but I hope you get something good out of it :slight_smile:

9. NotSureAboutMch

Thanks WE,

That was very helpful. It just makes my conviction stronger to figure myself out and be honest. With myself first, which at this point is like peeling an onion, each layer I remove is making me cry, and I don't want to keep peeling it. I want to know myself and have a good love relationship. And I'm coming to accept more and more that I can't have that in a straight hetero relationship. I guess I know what won't work for me, but don't know or am too scared to know what will.
    It's also helpful to hear from another male that feels very feminine.
    I've had a roller coaster week. For me all of this is very linked to some big losses in my past, so, letting go of the dating 'us' between D and I was hitting me really hard. I took about a week away from messaging her. Just checked in a few times to say I was ok, but needed some time. I feel like I've come out the other side in a lot of ways. The ending of the dating us feels like it should, I think. A little painful, but not life shattering. (It was only a 2.5 month relationship.)
    The depth of the feelings that were connected to her were really really strong. It was very strange to have this huge desire to be with her, but not know how that would work. I wanted to be with her, but all my blockages were still there. So I knew I had to let that part of us go. It has not been easy.
    I'm sitting here on New Year's Eve night, getting ready to go to a party with friends that have no idea any of this is going on for me. They are good people, and I'll tell them I'm feeling bad because I'm not dating D anymore, but I'm not ready to get into all the rest of it.

I also want to acknowledge the strength you have. I think sometimes I get stuck equating feminine male with weak. Which is not the case. I actually think that's part of why I'm dealing with this now. Because I've gotten stronger as a person, no matter what gender feelings I have. The me inside is stronger.

Cheers and Happy New Year to you!

10. NotSureAboutMch

At the moment, I'm on edge. I texted D yesterday after working through some really hard feelings. She got back to me today and it was good. She's worked through a lot of feelings too. She says she's ready to be the friend I need.

That's the problem. The last two weeks were for more about grief over old stuff and letting go of dating D. Such intense feelings that at times all the questioning felt like bullshit.

Well, now it seems a lot of the grieving is over. We have both landed on friendship. And I feel lost.

Is this the last woman I'll be with? I've built a wall around any feelings I've had for men. I've always focused on woman. All I'm seeing right now is the loss of the person I wanted to be. I don't see the upside of anything else. I feel like I lost the fight.

11. WarmEmbrace

Did you really lose the person that you wanted to be ? Or is that the person that your parents wanted you to be, and that would ultimately be miserable in the long run?

No I don't think you have lost the fight. I resonate so much with what you are describing, and I think you've just put your foot down and started fighting for the real you, maybe for the first time in your life. And yes it can be effin' scary to stand on your own two feet as the real you, not as a you that conforms with what is expected.

It is important that to remember that what I communicate are my personal experiences and sometimes opinions and not absolute truths, but .... if you feel that much pain just after thee months imagine how hard would this have been if it had happened after a year? Or after three years? What if children were involved as well? How would have this affected your children ? It is difficult to see it as a positive development.

Honesty to yourself is the best policy, don't let anxiety lead you. Don't let this paralysing fear of loss be your guide, for it will lead you astray. Sharing time : After my former partner told me one year into our relationship that she can't continue be with me as a lover if I ever decide to transition to female, I went though 5 years of lying to myself that I can learn to be happy in this body and in a dominant male role, sexually. I did so out of anxiety of being alone. I've put my heart health at risk by self medicating with male performance enhancers, to be able to perform as i was "supposed to", not because I got a lot of enjoyment out of it, but because she expected me to and it was something she obviously desired of me, and because it would bring her pleasure so i tried my best to provide it. Again I did it for the sake of the relationship, out of fear that not doing it would result in me being abandoned and alone.

But the fact that the raw sexual energy was not there in the traditional gender scenario (even though romantic love was) did transpire after a while, and this also affected her self worth as well. Because she did love me back a LOT. Indirectly, in spite of all my sacrifices, I ended up hurting her. She took it as a personal failure in the end that in spite of her being warm and loving and understanding to me, I ultimately couldn't become the hetero man she wanted me to become. Even though i repeatedly told her not to blame herself because of that, that it was not her fault.

I was always faithful, worked hard to provide for us so we can have hobbies, I tried to be romantic in the male role as best as i could. when she asked me to stop seeing the therapist that i was seeing for trans issues, I did so immediately, even though i knew it was wrong. I did everything I was supposed to do and asked to do, except one thing i was not able to : act how a a cis gendered man acts towards his woman, sexually. In my eyes she has always been my husband, even though for the outside world I would be the one who would wear the male mask. But she was not happy to be my husband. she wanted to be my wife. So resentments started building up over this and that and all the little things became huge problems. I did not drive the car enough and would always let her drive, it became a huge problem. I wasn't the one planning our vacations, that became a problem as well. I know that if things would have been okay in the bedroom, we could have worked though everything else with a 5 minute talk. So yeah she did cheat on me in the end but I can't really blame her for it. I don't know if i can truly forgive her for lying to my face about it though. That hurt oh so bad, because I had placed her at the very centre on my universe, on a tall pedestal. And if the center of your universe emotionally wipes the floor with you by lying to your face, that hurts real real BAD . I have already forgave her for seeking something she desperately needed outside of our relationship, something that I simply could not provide. I am not sure I will completely be able to forgive the lie though.

To sum up. It may sound harsh but Men who love to use their penis can't pretend to enjoy sex when they actually don't... it is biological. Women and maybe also gay bottoms have that "luxury", but men who use their penis cannot be anything but bluntly honest in this regard because if the true desire to perform as a dominant penetrative male is not there, the erection tends not to be there either. And if things are not good in the bedroom, and if even one of the partners is unhappy with that (let alone both) , the relationship will always be fragile. Had our roles been reversed, if she would have been a he, and happy with me in a submissive bottom role, things would have been oh-so so easy and natural. And I know that is true because i spent so much time fantasising about how I could please my husband, and what clothes I would wear while doing it, and how i would act, and would even joke with her about what kind of BJ technique I would use if our roles were reversed.

Anyway. Too much text already and i'm going on wild tangents again :slight_smile:. Hope this helps somehow :slight_smile:.
    (&&&)