1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media coverage of bi-gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KitSylph, Dec 26, 2016.

1. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've looked for good articles on bi-gender people and being bi-gender, but I haven't found much. There are a couple of profiles of specific people with very specific ways of being, but they seem to be more "Look at this weird person!" than "Here's how some people in the world are, and here's a better understanding of it."

There's some study going on of a particular variety of bi-gender in which the person feels as though she or he changes gender completely involuntarily without notice, back and forth. The initial person they were studying about this, about whom there is also a feature on a public radio program, had some hormonal and/or neurological issues, and after treatment she became a trans woman and no longer identifies as bi-gender...so anyway, not very useful.

Has anyone found any good coverage of being bi-gender, especially in the popular press?

2. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    Or, or books...I don't suppose anyone's ever come across any books?

I'm tempted to prod someone who writes for the Huffington Post on gender issues or something to write on this topic. Actually, I think I probably will ...