1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    My gender clinic stuff is accelerating! And who knew it would be the online clinic that actually made all this possible. I have given them my blood test results, counselling session booked for tomorrow morning and then the doctor makes their assessment. I hope to be on T soon!!!!!!!!!!! This is huge for me and I am so so happy, I can't believe I've battled through this mine field of uncertainty of how to get my hormones and I finally feel like it's actually going to happen. I cannot wait to start seeing changes. I cannot wait to feel like I present as a man.

2. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's awesome, I hope things go well for you!

Do you mind saying which clinic you are at? I've gotten a referral to a GIC but there's such a long wait. I'm considering going online except money.

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mate, Gender GP is the site I'm using. £195 for initial payment, £60 for a counselling session (which is to make sure you're making the right decision and are of sound mind) and then roughly £25 for the T each month but around £40 has to be paid to the online clinic for the prescription. However, I am unsure whether there are any further fees at this stage although I can't imagine them being too much more. These fees are way cheaper than the private clinic I started seeing in London. And Gender GP can partner up with the NHS GIC too, as well as agreeing shared care with my actual GP for future prescriptions to be done on the NHS.

I simply couldn't wait 13 months for an initial appointment from the NHS GIC.

4. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrations! I am so happy you will get to present how you want! ^_^

5. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Cheers! I'll have a beard and a big hairy chest in no time! (I'm aware that may not happen)

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fantastic news Kal.

I hope it comes quickly, you've been waiting a long time for this and I wish you all the best.

7. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is great news, congratulations! I've seen in your previous posts that you've had to deal with quite a lot to get here, so I'm glad things are looking up for you now. Good luck!

8. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks all. I had the call with the counsellor this morning and it was all very positive. The counsellor will summarise our conversation and provide to the doctor. I've done all I've needed to do so far, I wait. And hope that I am prescribed testosterone soon!!!!

9. wolf of fire

I'm checking these people out, could be faster than my GP.

10. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I instigated contact on 13 December and I've completed their questionnaire, provided my recent blood test results and have spoken with their counsellor. All the information is provided to the doctor and she makes her assessment and prescribes T. Providing all my stuff ticks the right boxes, I'm hoping for a quick turnaround on prescription. The hormones are sent through the post in discreet packaging.

So far so good. Considering I don't have to go to London (train fare is killer) to the other clinic I originally signed up with, I'm quids in really. Yes, I spent 260 quid on one session with Transhealth but at the end of the day, it was the start of the journey for me so it's not really money lost. I was also advised to spend more money on sessions with a counsellor than I needed by TH, because legally this provides protection to the clinic. Again, money I could do without spending!

I pray to every god out there that I get my hormones without any further hoops to jump through.