1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make-up fail

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Glowing Eyes, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Glowing Eyes

Hey people, just thought I'd share something (sort of) funny that happened last evening and this morning. Basically, the rest of my family left to go watch Rogue One which I'd already seen (my brother went with a friend and my parents and grandma hadn't seen it yet) which left me alone at home. So I decided to head to my parents' bathroom and get my mom's make-up supplies to just try it out when I got the chance. All I really did was some eye-shadow so light nobody noticed, lip-stick that I applied in so badly it made me look like I either ate sloppily or was bleeding, and some red and (a little) grey nail-polish. I also stuffed one of my mom's bras. So then I resumed playing a computer game and didn't take it off in time so I removed the bra, wiped the lipstick badly to spread it even more, and only barely scratched off the nail polish and just decided to sleep with it. This morning, I was incredibly awkward during breakfast as I constantly hid my hands and just used the (true) excuse that I was tired. My mom eventually noticed and after a light argument I showed her my hands. She then quickly cleaned them for me and I just used the excuse that I was so bored last night that I chose to play around with it a little and she didn't seem as angry as I expected. She did still tell me that she thought I had stopped thinking about the topic of my gender (yeah I know expression has nothing to do with it but I still felt like trying it out) which made me realize she is still gonna be tough to convince but I definitely found her to be calmer about the topic. Also, when asked about the smeared lipstick I said I itched myself and she put some cream on it to help a non-existent pain.

Overall, I kind of got some hope for passing from it.

Anybody wanna share similar experiences or give advice?

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds rad, man.
    My mom said it hurt to see her little girl dressed and looking like a guy. She said I would be an outcast in the family and that I wouldn't be as happy as I would be if I was Mormon. My parents are terrible with my sexuality/gender identity.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Similarly, whenever I presented masculinely my mother and father were both embarrassed of me and also somewhat upset. A year or two ago, my mother told me if I kept dressing that way I'd be "attracting the wrong crowd," meaning LGBT people. And after that, I was accusatively asked if I wanted to be a boy which of course I vehemently denied.

I am happy for you, Glowing Eyes, that this went relatively well, I think? Just be careful if tensions are high around gender expression.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be mortified if I used my moms makeup or clothes...

But glad you got something out of it.

5. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always presented very masculine. My moms biggest issue is names and pronouns with me. I know my friend who is mtf started expression on Halloween going as a girl and she borrowed a dress and some heels from her mom and stuffed one of her moms bras to use. It was actually very comical because she wore it to school for her costume and no one really expected it and then she came out a few months later.