1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid or Bigender people-what are the personalities of your genders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by realworldbound, Dec 29, 2016.

1. realworldbound

Out Status:
    Family only
    I've recently come to terms with the fact that I'm bigender or genderfluid as those titles fit very well with what I've felt my whole life. That being said, I've recently begun to pay attention to how my male personality (I'm AMAB) differs a lot from my female personality. When I feel male, I tend to be very serious, calm, and good with resolving conflicts. When I feel female, I am much more bubbly and try to make jokes all the time. I realized that I very much try to imitate my father in the male state and my mother in the female. It is very strange to me but interesting to note that I am very much a complete embodiment of both of them.

So other genderqueer people out there- do you all feel this way too? I've never told anyone this and am curious to know that others feel this way too.

2. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My personality never changes for the most part.My personality depends more on who I am around. But more physical things change, like how I walk can change.

3. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, all of them are really sarcastic, spacey, nerdy, impulsive, quick to anger, very easily switching moods, pessimistic, stubborn, and uncaring of others opinions.

Male: gentlemanly, excitable, and confident on his looks
    Female: headstrong, very unconfident on her appearance.
    Non-Binary: very chill, uncaring, and passive.

4. Kye

Kye

When I'm identifying as female or non-binary, I tend to be pretty much the same as always, although when I'm non-binary I find I tend to be more aware of my 'queerness' and I'm more open to talking about it with my friends, watching queer-related youtube videos, wanting to bind and dress more masculine, etc.
    However, when I'm in my full-on male state (Kyle), I tend to be rather aggressive, moody, and have a crueler, sharper edge about me. I also become more dominant and sexual, and I feel significantly detached from my other forms.
    Being honest, Kyle is a 'lovable jerk' kind of personality, whilst my other two forms are more fun and pleasant to be around.

5. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Although my mannerisms do change depending on how I view myself and want to be viewed by others, I think how I act only seems to be different with my gender identity because its a combination of how I'm feeling manifests itself in how I'm viewing myself and want to be viewed. For example, when I feel like a guy and want others to see and know that, the way I walk usually changes, and I try to take on a more masculine role. This usually makes me appear more flamboyant, aggressive, physically touchy and blunt in my thinking-- because my "usual" girl self would be bubbly, talkative and animated, but in a more feminine way (I say usual because, as a default people view me as a female since I was AFAB, so it takes a bit more effort for me to express my "male" qualities, so people associate it with a bit of a personality change, when really its just me altering my presentation and expression to change how they view the same qualities of mine). However, if I'm dysphoric and therefore self conscious about expressing these qualities, I'll just seem quiet and distant versus my typical sob-faced "female" sadness-- because I wouldn't want to both be sad AND have other people think I was a girl, you know? And when I'm dysphoric about being seen as a girl I will often just seem dismissively-polite and quiet.

6. oh my god I

I've lived as male some days, female as others for the last year or so, and... hmm.

As a girl I am bubbly and playful/silly, warm and childlike but also kind of avoidant and overly proper and at times I know I can be jealous and a little fake and annoyingly precious. It's not that similar to my mom, I actually have a deep fear of being like my mom.

When I live as male I'm kind and giving and sort of selfless, but pretty quiet, shy, detached, aloof, foggy and don't like to talk about myself. Only focused on others. I guess I consciously try to look "cool" and sharp and unaffected by things, but probably just come off as self-conscious, constrained and uncomfortable.

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2016 at 12:56 PM ----------

I've lived as male some days, female as others for the last year or so, and... hmm.

As a girl I am bubbly and playful/silly, warm and childlike but also kind of avoidant and overly proper and at times I know I can be jealous and a little fake and annoyingly precious. It's not that similar to my mom, I actually have a deep fear of being like my mom.

When I live as male I'm kind and giving and sort of selfless, but pretty quiet, shy, detached, aloof, foggy and don't like to talk about myself. Only focused on others. I guess I consciously try to look "cool" and sharp and unaffected by things, but probably just come off as self-conscious, constrained and uncomfortable.

Sort of like my dad, sort of not.

7. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I am more feminine I am more upbeat. I want people to see me looking like a woman. When I am more masculine I tend to just try to blend in to the background.

8. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Despite being born female, my personality comes off as male in person, but when I talk on the phone people see me as all female. My male side is dominant as fuck, totally an alpha male. My female side is completely girly and sweet but strong and, well, the best comparison is the later Gabrielle on Xena. Could be a badass warrior in flowers and a sexy little skirt, LOL.

However, after all these years the two are so intertwined I'm not sure how to sort them out. Any changes I could make might help the urges and dysphoria from one go away, but the other would make my dysphoria explode. There are no good answers for bi-genders. :frowning2:

9. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am sort of new to accepting myself as gender fluid and the idea that it's totally possible. I haven't explored my male side very much. I'm usually female or in the middle somewhere. When I'm female I am very motherly and nurturing and want to care for others. When I am neutral or leaning towards male I tend to be laid back and humorous and enjoy being goofy or showing off how tough and strong I can be.