1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused about my gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BlakeSkyler, Dec 30, 2016.

1. BlakeSkyler

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This has been bothering me for a while and honestly I don't know what to do. I was born as a female but... sometimes I don't feel like it. Sometimes I wish I could be a guy and I have indeed sometimes wished I had a dick. I'm bisexual so I don't really have problems imagining my self with a girl or a boy. But sometimes I do feel like a girl and like to be feminine and don't like the idea of having a Dick. I don't know if I am gender fluid or not. I'm not transgender cause even though sometimes I do wish I was physically a boy I feel comfortable with my own body and I don't want to go through the operation.
    I sometimes watch the boys and wished I could fit in with them more, it's such a weird feeling, like sometimes I want to belong with them but it's the same with the girls.
    I'm sincerely confused and even though my family is supportive about my sexuality they don't think being gender fluid is a "thing". Could you please advice me what can I do??

2. SiKiHe

Gender identity can be tough to work out. For me, I identify as transmasculine, or as a transman who isn't planning to transition for multiple reasons. It is possible you are bigender or genderfluid. You might also be non binary. Take some time, plenty of time, to explore how you feel and figure it out. The changing back and forth could be signs of being genderfluid, but it could also be a desire to crossdress as a sort of kink. It could also be your mind repressing trans feelings. Hopefully some nonbinary and genderfluid folks can give you more insight on how they've figured things out, so you'll have more information to consider.

The good news is there are plenty of people here on EC who you can talk with, and you can identify any way you want in the process of discovering you.

3. RubrumLovy

So... I'm also confused...
    Idk how to ask, but basically I've always wanted to have male reproductive organs/a male self... HOWEVER, I also like being female...
    I just want both...
    I've read posts about people being bigender, but most people talk about switching between the two.
    Except with me I don't experience the whole switching thing (genders or personality...) I just want to be both at the same time- all the time (earthworm style!)
    Is that still considered bigender or is there another word?