1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria - can't use usual strategy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Jan 3, 2017.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

So I have episodes of dysphoria that last a few hours each day. I usually lift against that and see my muscle grow but know I can't due to a cold. It will probably last for this week.

I need some new strategies. I can't live with being inactive. I need to work on my shoulders. I need to work to reduce my curves. I need to work on my legs and upper chest to hide that female body fat. This is killing.

I can neither go driving because the streets are full of snow and ice nor can I get wasted because my supplies are non-existant and I would have to drive to get some...vicious cycle. Still it's not enough snow to do something stupid... :bang:

2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know much about your abilities or interests, but I find writing stories from the point of view of my ideal to be helpful. It helps me explore who I want to be/feel I am inside, and I imagine myself in that role while I'm writing.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I'm a good writer. And I tend to daydream about my future where I can be myself...so maybe I could write it down.

4. WarmEmbrace

Very good insight from Kaisa Kaiden . In a similar way drawing has helped me a LOT. If you are the writing type I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for you:slight_smile:

5. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kasia and Kaiden are actually fictional characters I write that separately represent the duality of my mind. In reality they're so intertwined I can't always tell them apart, but in my fiction they're wholly fleshed out people, set in a fantasy world where I can use magic to represent their issues. They get to be themselves without fighting each other.

6. anthracite

anthracite Guest

My stories are more possible futures. You know, killing terrorists, saving people, doing heroic stuff. Save the girl and marry her :grin:

7. SiKiHe

I do crafts sometimes. If you can't work out, make something. What you make matters more to your hobbies. Writing, like ya'll said, is a great example. I also find painting and bookmaking to take up my mind and relax me.

8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

My hobbies are some of intellectual nature and others require specific skills. I can't just build a gun.

9. SiKiHe

You could do research on something. It can be distracting to absorb yourself into reading about, say, roman history.

10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Maybe a marathon of shonen series works...