1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubt

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Jan 4, 2017.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To start I think a lot of my doubt is caused by coming out because I always get anxious with this and start to doubt but I need to talk through my thoughts. First of all my principal told me that he wants to make sure I'm extremely positive about this because if I come out than decide that I was wrong it will cause a lot of trouble for the school and my trans friend and anyone else who comes out in the future. This puts a lot of pressure on me because I will have doubts and I worry maybe I am wrong but for the last several months i haven't had a doubt at all. I have been going over my thoughts for the last few days since I'm coming out on Tuesday and it is coming up fast. Last week I was so anxious wishing the date would just get here because I was so tired of being seen as a girl. It doesn't help that my bathroom plan was rejected after I was told it was fine and I now have to wait another 2 weeks to use the men's bathroom and lockerroom. I just want some reassurance that everything's going to be fine and how to help with the feeling. I can't think of any reasonable doubts other than what if I am just wrong about this and I have like a thousand thoughts of why I am not wrong about it which is extremely helpful. Does anyone else ever get extremely doubtful when they come out??

2. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course, it's natural. Someone has put you on the spot and asked you to confirm that what you're doing is set and right. Anyone would question whether it is the right thing. I'm about to come out fully at work and it's causing me a degree of anxiety. I know in my heart it's what I want but my IBS has flared up massively because of how exposing it is. Similarly to school, I'm surrounded by a lot of people and known by many. But staying the course is what I know I must do and riding the waves of anxiety is part of it. Remember who you are and why you are doing this. That's the only advice I can give!