1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I pass as a closeted ftm?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Whovian24, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Whovian24

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am literally out to no one but I may be going to a new school next year so I wanted some tips so maybe I can just start all over next year and hopefully pass really well. I already wear men's clothes that are a little bigger to make my boobs look a little less noticeable, I have really short hair, I wear cologne, and I try to make my voice sound deeper than is actually it. Also any tips on binding without buying an actual binder would be really helpful thanks :slight_smile:

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Sports bras, man! And stay away from baggy clothing. It can have quite the opposite effect. Slim clothing and workout can give you a lot in the shoulders. Are you gonna use a new name at the new school?

3. Whovian24

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice and I think I'm just going stick with my birth name for a little bit since I'm not out to anyone yet but when I start meeting new people Im going to start using it

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sports bra. Compressive. And clothing. Scarves, layering, waistcoats, dark tops (hide the shape), not too tight but not too loose either, just the right size.

Also don't try to make your voice sound deeper, excersice it and stretch your range. It's not super quick, but learn how to sing properly and excersice the lower range, and the voice gets stronger in that range as you practice. That goes for singing voice in general. It gets stronger if you practice. Intonation is also important, I mean, speak in monotone.

Don't forget the body language too, because it changes how people perceive your silhouette.

And that one:
    The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide to Looking Like a (Hot) Dude