1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding myself

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sam314159, Jan 10, 2017.

1. sam314159

Hi there, I'm new to this so please excuse me if I don't explain myself well.

So I only started questioning my gender identity a few months ago, but the feelings have become very intense very quickly. I still get very confused and scared about it, especially as I experience really bad dysphoria and I hate it when my current pronouns are used, but I am not in a position where I can be out. I have told one person who has been so supportive, and has even started trying to use my new name in private so I can try and get used to it, but I am still not sure of how to explore gender and what I feel while still closeted.

Any tips on the sorts of things I could do to help me get a feel for what my identity is? I seem to be going round in circles a lot at the moment.

2. SiKiHe

Welcome to EC, Sam.

I'd say this is a good first step. people able to read about other people's experiences and try and talk through your own is a good way to learn more about yourself. Online is probably the easiest way to present and practice new names with less risk.

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2017 at 01:36 PM ----------

being able*

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Sam,

EC is a great place to start exploring yourself. Sometimes, you'll find that things fluctuate a bit for you, but everyone I've encountered here has been super helpful and supportive in helping each other out.

Look around the forums and start your own threads to get feedback on any questions you have. There even is a thread for practicing using your new name/pronouns.

Sebby45