1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just putting it out there, not in a divisive way but more in a "sifting through information I don't need or want takes up time". While there are totally similarities and cross identity questions, I'd like an FTM specific thread so I'm perhaps getting both the information I want to read and the desired audience to respond. A lot of the Vent and Success threads are being dominated by MTF topics and I struggle to scan through to stuff I want to focus on.

In the same token, there should be a MtF thread also.

Happy to hear thoughts as to whether this would take off or not. Again, I have nothing against MtFs whatsoever and nor am I singling them out. I merely want one thread for a small segment of people that I can relate better to and apply more specific scenarios both with and to. All about the love and equality people, I'm never about the hate. (I basically want to talk body hair, general growth, beards, T moods, back acne, change of smells and urinal etiquette.)

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's a fine idea actually. As long as us girls are allowed to post if we have some relevant info. For instance, I could explain urinal etiquette, and we can all tell you what it's like having T as the primary hormone....obviously you could chime into our thread. :wink:

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Good idea, that'd be welcome advice definitely.

4. SiKiHe

I like it. As Brooke said, as long as we can read and respond in both if we have information or questions pertaining to specifically that thread. I don't mind reading what the girls talk about honestly. I mean, I have two sisters :lol: but having a general "ftm related questions" and "mtf related questions" would be nice and organized.

5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Yeah, we can help each other. We can also give you advice for makeup, because some of us have used that.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 04:44 PM ----------

But yeah, I have a question: Is there something like a hip binder? I noticed that I could just push the fat up and then I would have a great masculine shape. My curves have always been a problem zone

6. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm here family! Also I wanna know- do testosterone shots hurt?

7. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, it's a girdle basically. Not sure where to buy one from. That or compression pants/leggings.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps a couple pairs of compression shorts?(Like the underwear one.)

As far as urinals go, NEVER EVER use the urinal immediately next to your fellow bathroom goers. Always keep a one urinal distance between, unless you have no other choice. Also, face the wall, keep your head straight and don't look over. :thumbsup:

9. SiKiHe

okay. I'm a nerd and completely out of shape. what are some good starter workouts I can do at home to build up stamina before moving on to weight lifting?

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's different for everyone. For me, I do sub-q shots and they rarely hurt (only if I stick myself or hit a tender spot).

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 02:12 PM ----------

Scooby1961 has video on workouts for teens and it involves little to no equipment (aside from a set of dumbbells). If you like Dance Dance Revolution, that's amazing cardio. Hell, I lost a good amount of weight doing that.

11. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Then I'd rather leave it as it as. I and skinny jeans even if it's just underwear is a bad combination.

12. SiKiHe

[/COLOR]
    Scooby1961 has video on workouts for teens and it involves little to no equipment (aside from a set of dumbbells). If you like Dance Dance Revolution, that's amazing cardio. Hell, I lost a good amount of weight doing that.[/QUOTE]

Gonna look into that. Thanks man!

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 01:19 PM ----------

i flubbed up the quote :lol:

13. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gonna look into that. Thanks man!

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 01:19 PM ----------

i flubbed up the quote :lol:[/QUOTE]

Does it work with just dance? I'll like to lose weight with that.

14. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    The one thing I can't seem to crack is the effortless way in which guys buddy up. They gravitate towards each other and mirror each other's language. They also seem to dumb their speech down, almost like "I'm a man's man" type drawl. When I do it, I sound like a squeaky and embarrassed kid...I'm 28.

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does it work with just dance? I'll like to lose weight with that.[/QUOTE]

Yup! DDR helped to sculp my legs along with shedding pounds.

16. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I like that idea. Of course anyone could post here. We have useful advice for our counterparts all the time!

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 12:28 AM ----------

Intramuscular shots actually hurt worse than I was expecting, at least the first several times. I think they start to hurt less after you get better at doing it. Also, try to get the smallest needles you can if you have any say in the matter. I started off with 21g needles and now have 23g and they hurt significantly less now, almost not at all, plus I'm just better at doing it. Also recently I've started icing the area (put ice on, not frosting) first and that seems to help.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 12:31 AM ----------

I second DDR! It's fun and totally exhausting once you get to a high enough level. I had a slightly overweight friend in middle school who lost like twenty pounds just from being addicted to DDR. Of course, she gained it all back once she realized she could play with the controller...Don't do that. lol

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 12:38 AM ----------

This is also something that interests me...I've observed guys a fair amount at work mostly. The way they interact with each other is fascinating and makes me quite jealous. I've also witnessed it first hand a bit now that I'm passing maybe 60-80% of the time. The main difference between how men interact with other dudes as opposed to women is that they are a little less polite and they say "man" a lot. And they are more likely to talk shit to you in a joking manner. When passing to customers, I've had dudes say things to me that they would probably NEVER say to a woman. This one older guy said I look worse than his car even though it's probably older than me. I don't remember what the context was but it actually made me happy. XD Guys being nice to me for no reason has always irritated me.

So basically you need to practice saying "man" a lot (or dude, whatever), at least with guys around your age. (idk how much they say "man" or "dude" over in the UK. So whatever the equivalent would be. Mate? Just whatever you hear other guys your age calling each other.) The first few times I tried this I embarrassingly stumbled over the words because I was so unaccustomed to saying it. But man, it feels good hearing it, and you'll get used to it.

Another thing I have experienced is that guys will try to pull you into that cool guy high five/handshake maneuver sometimes for seemingly no reason. You want to be prepared for this or else it can be quite awkward lol.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 12:44 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing is that guys will talk shit about women to you if they believe you are a guy, even if their significant other right next to them. That one is just interesting. I mostly say that to illustrate the fact that guys have this weird implied sense of brotherhood, especially younger outgoing ones.

#16 Rickystarr, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  17. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bigender, but any tips for those days when my inner guy wants to take over would be appreciated. I'm struggling with how to not look ridiculous. I'm a lot better at being male than looking male. Also I'm getting modified top surgery, hopefully this summer.

18. randomconnorcon

I don't know how often everyone might say "man", "dude", and "bro" in the UK, but I say it ALL THE TIME. Maybe because I grew up with boys, maybe not - it's just normal for me (and my cousin, who's AFAB and agender). I rarely say "mate".

19. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm interesting to know! I spent six months in a college town in Wales, but otherwise don't know much about dat UK life. And even when I was there, rarely interacted with people. That was a sad, sad time.

Do you think that this is specific to your family/group? Or do people really not say that over there so much?

#19 Rickystarr, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  20. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone