1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inexpensive secret binders?!?!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ellis irl, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ellis irl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need to secretly buy a binder but I don't have a whole lot of money or anything and my overprotective parents can't know because they won't handle it nicely. Please help. :icon_sad:

2. SiKiHe

3. ellis irl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thank you ilysm ahhh <3 so much appreciation

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are not large chested you can try layering two sports bras: one put on normally, the other put on backwards. Another homemade binder is made by cutting stockings so that you have a hole for your head and arms. You can google it for a better description.

Just some old home tips I've come across over time. I find that they are not as effective as a real binder, but may cause some relief until you can get one.

Sebby45

5. SiKiHe

^^^
    I've got about a B cup and on bad days, doubling sports bras is enough for me. I actually don't own a proper binder

6. ellis irl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    the sports bra thing is what I do if I am just at home. For school, I took a sports bra that fit, shrunk it 3-4 sizes (took like 4 inches off) and then tied it tight. I feel like I should just get a proper binder because I have bruises on my chest and rashes from my sucky sewing job. Thank you all again for the advice though because I really appreciate it. I hope everyone's having a good day today :grin:

7. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found a lot of them online for $20 or less, including shipping. Amazon.com had the best selection.

8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people advise against the amazon ones that have clasps. However I have one and it works great and is really comfortable. I'm about a large B/small C. I think maybe they just suck for larger chested people.

9. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't imagine working with one without clasps and getting it over my breasts to actually do what it's supposed to do. I just ordered my first, a strapless (I hate things over my shoulders) that is supposedly made for very large breasted users. As soon as it arrives, I'll let you know how well it works.

10. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The cheap binder on Amazon are not safe. They aren't made with enough stretchy material, so you can't take a full breath. I had one (it was my first binder), and I thought it was fine until I got a well-made binder and realized that it was supposed to be way easier to breathe deeply, even when wearing a binder.

I would recommend a free binder program like the one Jack recommended, makeshift binding techniques like the sports bras, or getting and Underworks or gc2b binder, even if they are a bit pricier (still only ~$30).

11. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The cheap binder on Amazon are not safe. They aren't made with enough stretchy material, so you can't take a full breath. I had one (it was my first binder), and I thought it was fine until I got a well-made binder and realized that it was supposed to be way easier to breathe deeply, even when wearing a binder.

I would recommend a free binder program like the one Jack recommended, makeshift binding techniques like the sports bras, or getting and Underworks or gc2b binder, even if they are a bit pricier (still only ~$30).

12. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Me too and one good one is enough for me. Shirt + Button down makes me look perfectly flat.

13. Silver Sparrow

One thing I want to chime in on. Please make sure you are being safe when binding. If you are getting bruises and rashes from your binder, it may either not fit properly or you may be wearing it for too long. In theory, you could hurt yourself so badly that it might not be healthy for you to continue binding. I don't want to scare you, but I do want to recommend that you be careful. If you have a person you could trust with this, you could see if you can have a binder shipped to their house.

14. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In terms of keeping it a secret, I have a homemade one that I wash in the shower, either by sneaking up washing liquid or using a gentle shampoo. I dry it on the radiator, under a towel. I hide it by rolling it up in my socks when I'm not wearing it. No one has noticed it yet
    I made it by getting an old pair of leggings, cutting off the legs and then cutting a slit in the crotch for the neck. It also works with tights. It might be a good idea to strengthen what would be the "straps" with the legs of the garment.

#14 FoxEars, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  15. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine is extremely comfortable. It's not that tight though and I fasten it on the last clasp. I wouldn't suggest it at all if you're any bigger than me though or are trying to be totally flat. The way I use it, it hardly even binds so much as moves things around. I can breathe totally normal.

#15 Rickystarr, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017