1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! FtM: how to make myself look more masculine

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cailan, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dressed for the first time officially on Monday, and while I had a problem with binding (I have since ordered a real binder) I was pretty good from the neck down. I was never a particularly feminine female anyway, except for my boobs. Once I lose weight (I've lost 33 and plan to lose 100 more to get to a high healthy weight) I will go back to my usual hipless wonder- naturally male hip/waist ratio, and probably have to pad my hips for the times when I want to be feminine. Right now my fat is creating a false feminine figure, and the hips are already almost gone.

It's the neck up I struggled with. As a female I love having long hair. It's smooth and silky, fine enough to make it look thin. I put it in a queue (low male style ponytail) but the effect wasn't particularly pleasing from the male perspective. I am terrible with makeup of any kind (total failure).

I prefer kilts, the most manly of male garments, with boots, men's knee socks and a nice shirt. I hate "casual" styles, both as male and female.

Help!

2. SiKiHe

The hair will probably be a tough one. Most guys who have longer hair pull it off without looking feminine by having beards or facial s***** of some sort.

As for a Kilt, if you're wearing it with the pouch, boots, and the proper mens shirt I'd imagine it should look fine. Unshaved legs will also sell it if you're comfortable with that.

For your face, I'd imagine just not wearing any make-up should generally be fine. Wearing makeup when your feminine side is out will make it more noticeable when you are masculine and not wearing makeup.

Since you are bi-gender, I don't know how much body sculpting you'd want to do with working out, but most AFAB trans guys work out to make their shoulders larger and more masculine day to day. That's more long term though, And i'm not sure how it would work for someone who is bigender.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 09:41 PM ----------

apparently I typed something offensive or against the rules. I was trying to safe facial hair that is short. Like 5 o'clock shadow or a bit more. :lol:

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 09:41 PM ----------

*say. I just can't type today.

3. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a naturally large muscular look that doesn't need much help to become masculine. I'm 5'9" and weigh 160 when thin and fit. I tend to bulk up like a natural male, so I actually avoid any activity that might build more muscle, or I have difficulty being seen as female. As a teen I was a competitive swimmer, and was huge (shoulders, arms, thighs). I have to avoid doing that kind of thing or I can't be femme at all.

4. SiKiHe

Yeah, I'd imagine workouts have to be stricter to prevent building too much mass. :/

5. YeahpIdk

How do you feel about man-bunning it? Lots of dudes keep their hair long to do the man bun, and people go nutso for it. Maybe look up some styles and see if you can start trying a few out.

Are you into make up or no? You could use techniques to define your jaw line. Everyone's face is different, and many men can have feminine facial features. I say try out some cuts and styles that are more masculine appearing.

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe chin length could work for you? It can go both masc and fem.

7. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my hair chin-length about 10 years ago. I hated it with a passion, I really need it mid-back length. It's fine/thin enough, perhaps I can tie my hair up and try a wig?