1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies, what do you do about your beard?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BrookeVL, Jan 12, 2017.

1. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly is a girl to do about her beard? I bought a groupon for 6 laser sessions for like $250 which is really good, but I haven't set up my consultation yet. Mostly because, my beard is red. Apparently, that's no good and laser doesn't work well. It also grows in slower. Usually I won't get 5 o'clock shadow until the end of the day AFTER I shaved, and even then it's light enough to not be visible, you'd only know it was there if you actually touched my face. The third day it starts to show better. Should I go make an appointment anyway and let them tell me for sure that I'm not a good candidate?

If I'm not(which I'm fairly certain I'm not), then what is a girl to do? I can't pass with facial hair, even if I apparently do already with a nice hairstyle/wig. But shaving all the time? Annoying and quite frankly, a very good way to heighten my dysphoria.

Any tips you other ladies have? How do you manage your face fuzz? Did you get laser, if so what color hair/skin did you have?

Please help!

2. Glowing Eyes

I can still shave though it's kinda getting to the point where I have to do it too much and start half-assing.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's the whole reason I had a beard most of the last three years. I gave up, it was FAR easier to run a trimmer every 2-3 weeks....I feel you.

4. oh my god I

I never had a "beard" per se but I just shave what hair is there and pluck the hairs on my upper lip. It was very little hair when my HRT was good and pretty manageable. Now it's a little more than I'm comfortable with, they're not all white and thin like they used to be because my HRT is lower. Anyway I would like to get laser and I was always too embarrassed ;_____; mehhh

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm seeing reports that laser does in fact work on red hairs, it just takes a bit longer, which gives me hope. I really just want it gone.

Oh dear you are so lucky. Get it done before it gets any worse!

#5 BrookeVL, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my horrible facial blemish(what i call my facial hair) gets shaved every other day. I need to get a laser thing so I can remove it forever.

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Horrible facial blemish, I like that.

I think I will schedule an appointment for a consult. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be able to do something with it after all. If not I get a refund.

8. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    I waited too long ... my facial hair was dark, but now a lot of it's gray. No chance for laser now, right? Let me know if I'm dismissing it too quickly.

I can't afford the time for electrolysis (and probably the money would be a problem too, as with laser).

I had wanted to do waxing, and I've read accounts from people on the Web who have had success with this, but the place I contacted that's supposed to be especially good with hair removal doesn't want to try waxing my face because they say it could cause scarring. Is that right? Could it?

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's my issue with electrolysis as well, the time and money. I just don't have it right now. I'm stretching my budget already between hrt, therapy, and clothes. Plus trying to save up for things like boobs and SRS if I decide to have it.

I looked into waxing as well, but everything I read basically said it doesn't work, causes scarring, and/or no one will do it.

I guess we may be shaving forever. lol

I haven't shaven in days now. Going to schedule a consult soon.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Modern lasers work due to using different spectra of light compared to the past. If your service has any good equipment or skilled techs you will see results regardless.

11. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    Kasey, thanks: that's really helpful information. I'll schedule a consultation at the place that was recommended to me just to see what they say.

12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what I'm thinking. Even if it just thins it to a manageable once a week shave I'd be happy. We shall see.

If they say no, I suppose I'll try to find another place.

#12 BrookeVL, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017