1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarification

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ezekiel31, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Ezekiel31

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi!
    As I have been using this site I have been looking at people and all the ways the identify themselves. I have learned a great deal about gender identity but I have two (kinda stupid) questions. First, when someone puts "male(trans*)" on this site does that mean a female to male transition or a male to female transition? Secondly, is there a significant difference between gender neutral, gender fluid and bi-gender?
    Sorry if this in any way offensive (or dumb) and thank you in advance!

2. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Male (trans*) refers to people born female and transition to male.

As far as I understand, gender neutral means anyone who doesn't feel male or female. Gender fluid means that your gender identity changes, but I'm not sure about bigender.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

To add to this Male (trans) means female to male (Fm)

Female (trans) means male to female (MtF)

Gender neutral means they have a gender that isn't really female or male but a gender somewhere in between the two. That neutral grey area between male and female.

Gender fluid means that their gender slides about the gender spectrum. Some wake up feeling male one morning and by night it could be gender neutral, female, bi gender, or some other form of nonbinary gender.

Bigender means that they feel more than 2 genders at once. This could be male and female, or male and gender neutral, trans male and perhaps some unidentifiable nonbinary gender.

And of course nonbinary means that they have a gender that does not neatly fit in between the binary of male and female.

4. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd also add that some people who identify as bigender find themselves switching between male and female but without any middle ground, like flipping a light switch (my fluidity is a bit complicated so I've combined genderfluid and bigender for the time being).

5. Ezekiel31

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alright, thanks! That cleared it up nicely.