1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothes for a date

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by baristajedi, Jan 15, 2017.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (I posted this in the wrong board the first time, so now I'm posting here where I intended to)

So.... I've been seeing this woman, just for a couple of weeks. But I've already shared with her that i label myself genderqueer, and since I've known her I've always dreesedin only men's clothes. She finds the real me attractive it's felt really wonderful so far.

My issue is that, I have started to build up men's clothes in my wardrobe for dressing really casually, I want to build up the professional wardrobe, and know sort of what pieces to buy for that. But for her, I want clothes that look nice for going on dates... I honestly don't even know what pieces to buy.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get some smart shirts, can't go wrong. I'd say double collared shirts are more date attire because you don't have to wear a tie with them and they come off as a little more casual. You can wear them with black jeans and some smart shoes and you're good to go.

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Aberrance's suggestion is pretty solid. If you wanted to go a step farther without becoming formal, a nice cardigan or blazer over a t-shirt and jeans is good too. And everyone needs a good, well-fitted v-neck jumper.

4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wrote this in the other place you posted this but I'll add it here too: I bought a black velvet smart bomber jacket recently. I find the idea of wearing a suit a bit weird especially at my age, so the bomber element keeps it casual, but it was from the suiting section and is appropriately sleek and smart. And velvet. Which is the fabric of the luxury queer if there ever was one. I plan to buy chelsea boots, which again have the casual nature of the boot but with the most elegant frame of the boot family, making a good crossover into formal, especially in black. That combo with black or dark jeans or trousers and a well chosen shirt or tshirt will make for a good night-time or date night look i think. I've seen men's lace shirts on asos that seem very appealing - lace that still looks somewhat masculine. That was just something that was on my mind tho. Any shirt would do except pastel coloured ones I think - think intense night-time colours or white.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nice button down shirt, casual dress pants, loafers.

a little more casual, like an afternoon date, check shirt undone over teeshirt (could be butch girl or casual guy) with jeans and runners.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  7. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! This is all so specific and helpful. I think I have some thoughts now...i may even have some things I can start with.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on what you're doing for the date. But a nice button front shirt, jeans, and nice leather shoes works well.